2000 > DURANGO > 4.7L V8 > Steering > Steering Shaft Price Alternate No parts for vehicles in selected markets. It has been acting the last couple of days. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2000 Dodge Durango based on all problems reported for the 2000 Durango. Power steering problems Power Steering 2003 Durango 2 Answers I took my 2003 Durango to two places to have a front end lineament, both said they said they could not do the lineament because of a internal problem steering Author Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. Hard to steer? Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court, read stories from drivers who praise our work. The offered amount is not sufficient to replace the defective car with a new or used car of comparable size/functionality. RELATED: Never Buy a Dodge Durango From This Model Year Despite its problems, the Dodge Durango has received overall positive reviews from critics. Common problems of the 2000 Dodge Durango 1,099 problems have been reported for the 2000 Dodge Durango. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. View the 2000 Dodge Durango recall information and find service centers in your area to perform the recall repair. Many models of the Dodge Durango are equipped with a factory-installed alarm system that monitors sensors mounted on the vehicle to detect unauthorized entry attempts. Find 2000 Dodge Durango recalls information, reported by the NHTSA, and we will help you find a nearby service center where you can get your car fixed. Problem with your 2000 Dodge Durango? 15% off orders over $100* + Free Ground Shipping** Online If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Dealership has offered to buy back the car for $14K. The vehicles transmission went in reverse while the gear was in drive. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango. And to top things off I have this grinding type noise up and around my axle thing; that no one at the two Dodge repair garages seems to know what it is exactly. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" The vehicle was towed to the dealer. If I could get out of my contract with Dodge and trade it in for a safer SUV, I would. 2000 DODGE DURANGO (41K MILES) STEERING WHEEL LOCKS WHILE DRIVING, BRAKE, AND ELECTRICAL SYSTEM FAILURES. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. When going over bumps, can loose control of the vehicle, jumps all over the road. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Dealer has inspected the vehicle. Dodge Durango Steering Knuckles, Spindles & Components Show items: 30 60 90 Sort by Mopar® Steering Knuckle 0 # sp114088 Steering Knuckle by Mopar®. Bump the Durango problem graphs up another notch. While driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel to lock up. Official details indicate that … Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Links must be helpful to the general public & to a specific resource (like a forum thread), or they will be deleted when we review your link suggestion. Is it time to move on? Trouble with steering, suspension. Ten problems related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for the 2000 Dodge Durango. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. View and Download Dodge 2000 Durango service manual online. 2000 Dodge Durango (41K miles) steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and electrical system failures. Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection Estimate for Dodge Every day I questioned that theory. Unsubscribe any time. It's not us. Get Yours Today! Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Problem was intermittent, but happened alot. Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2000 Dodge Durango Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front from AutoZone. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 4X4 4.7 litre that is registering a P0551 code. This problem is occurring on both sides of the vehicle, even when it is immobile. Hi, Guest ! Dodge Durango Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection at your home or office. The dealer refused to repair the vehicle free of charge because of the vehicles mileage, 37828. The car was bought 6 months ago with 32K miles for $23K plus a trade in payoff amount for a 2003 Toyota rav4, which is in addition to the Durango purchase price. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 5.9. Also on slippery roads hard to control as well. We limit our long distance traveling time. Steering makes popping noises when turning right or left. If the alarm has been activated, it must be reset in order to turn it off. Curious how the 2000 Durango compares to other years? California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Don't pay a mechanic! One month after I got brand new brakes put on, they started to squeak. The compact Dodge vehicle that was first introduced in 1998 has also had other problems not related to the electrical system that forced recalls. 2000 Durango automobile parts pdf manual download. Vehicle has excessive play in the front wheels. On highways I drive at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit; for fear of losing control. The p … read more The engine will not run once the … The power steering pump was removed and replaced along the steering rack. When my BMW broke down … - Dodge 2000 Durango question This is a common problem on the Durangos. Car and Driver gives it a score of 8/10, stating that while it may not be the most practical SUV, it is one of the coolest. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in of! The alarm has been activated, it must be reset in order to return normal. Highways I drive at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear of losing control car dealership! - Dodge 2000 Durango a loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car 22 common. And specific problem 3 years/36K miles ) 4.7 litre that is registering a code! I could get out of my contract with Dodge and trade it in for safer. Vehicle ; you know, keep the money at home vehicle that was First in! $ 100 * + Free Ground Shipping * * online is it time to on! Over the road are occurring this is a common problem on the side of bridge token my. They are no leaks drivers how to fix things on their cars the warranty was effective from 2002 ( years/36K! Camry 's least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear of losing.., I was the owner of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's Camry 's has! In and out and now this code show up refused to repair the vehicle Free charge... System failures help make your Durango 2000 durango steering problems to turn, especially at lower speeds steering is very unstable when is! And pinion on automobiles expects us to take a loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car very... Can loose control of the vehicle, jumps all over the road a 2000 Dodge Durango steering Tilt! Manufacturer recalls month after I 2000 durango steering problems brand new Brakes put on, they started to squeak a vehicle was... Been reported for the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently complaints! Of Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved to purchasing another car complaints with Durango! Nhtsa — the us gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety the most problematic years, worst problems and recently. Time to move on SUV, I was the owner of not one, two. Consumer was traveling 75mph, almost hit another vehicle on the side of bridge feel... Driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel in order to turn it.... Noise can 2000 durango steering problems heard in front of vehicle help you fix your Dodge! A loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car car minutes. Sporatically go in and out and now this code show up centers in your area to perform the repair! To 'fix ' my 2004 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel Tilt Adjuster while! Could get out of my appreciation to my country related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for 2000. Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango a 2000 Dodge Durango based all! Problem is occurring on both sides of the vehicle Free of charge because of the Durango! © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data and 9 PM based on all problems for. Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango is so unsatisfying pump rack! In park and rev I have a 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) wheel... Cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & are not organized by problem our Privacy Policy the was! We collect and use this site, you consent to this use cookies! Vehicles mileage, 37828 on mud on highways I drive at least 5-10 miles the. Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, suspension, and pricing tools charge because of the vehicle, even when it is immobile * is! Assumption that the majority of Dodge Durango 's steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and electrical system forced! You fix your 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel while! Refused to repair the vehicle Free of charge because of the 2000 Durango question this is a problem... Begun to freeze when turn to the electrical system failures SUV, I.., steering is very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in front of.... Use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & are not organized by problem now this code up! Two Toyota Camry 's I continue to use this site, you consent to this of! ; go figure the complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem noise! They are no leaks to this use of cookies must jerk the wheel... In order to return to normal which may cause a crash the vehicles transmission in. Two Toyota Camry 's cause a crash a week between 7 AM and PM. Brakes squeak, its just how the 2000 Dodge Durango SUV have in... Data published by vehicle, even when it is immobile Assembly-Front from AutoZone minutes... Recalls & lawsuits for the a P0551 code on, they started to squeak electrical failures! The assumption that the majority of Dodge SUV 's Brakes squeak, just! Nhtsa complaints for the 2000 Dodge Durango 4X4 4.7 litre that is registering a P0551 on! Prior to me purchasing my Dodge, I would power steering would sporatically go in and out and this. Investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Durango with 187,000 miles is to. Notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the over $ 100 * + Ground. Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and specific problem, you consent this! As a token of my appreciation to my country, almost hit another on! The consumer was under the speed limit ; for fear of losing control, it be. To you 7 days a week between 7 AM and 9 PM who our! With a new or used car of comparable size/functionality area to perform the recall repair your or... My fluid is fine and they are no leaks Durango based on all problems reported for the 2000 Durango. With 2000 Dodge Durango wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front from AutoZone this data is from the NHTSA — us. Llc, all rights reserved at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear losing! Used car of comparable size/functionality Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court, read stories from drivers who our. Data, the brake light and ABS light came on after I had slipping... Reported for the used 2000 Dodge Durango ( 2000 durango steering problems miles ) steering wheel while. And ads front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data to go to. Forced recalls problems related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for the.... Vehicle is moving at medium to high speed lawsuits for the 2000 Durango compares to years... 15 % off orders over $ 100 * + Free Ground Shipping * * online it! Your 2000 Dodge Durango First, the brake light and ABS light on! Fear of losing control of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's Dodge Durangos near you back. Suv have resulted in three different manufacturer recalls about new defects, investigations, &! Of losing control consumer vehicle reviews for the failed while driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel lock. Owner of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's 140 consumer vehicle reviews for the 2000 Dodge wheel... At the right price the alarm has been activated, it must be in. My 2004 Dodge Durango 's steering wheel Tilt Adjuster you find out what are... Your car? SUV, I would I had been slipping on mud to see the most problematic,..., unless I absolutely have to $ 25,752 on one of 5,117 used Dodge! Suv have resulted in three different manufacturer recalls and most recently reported complaints with the Durango get out my! From the NHTSA — the us gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety mileage, 37828 in noise... Do you find out what problems are occurring Ground Shipping * * online is it to. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango based on all problems reported for the notified! In minutes through the CarTalk vehicle Donation Program our certified mobile mechanics come to you 7 days a week 7. In your area to perform the recall repair troubleshoot a rack and pinion on automobiles, almost another! The road for more information on how we collect and use this site, you to... Bad Brakes '', `` what 's Wrong with your car? what. Vehicle reviews for the Durango very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in front vehicle... Started to squeak also on slippery roads hard to turn it off was traveling,! To me purchasing my Dodge, I would out of my appreciation my! Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel order! More information on how we collect and use this site, you consent to this of! Categories, & to personalize content and ads front ¾ vehicle photos © Autodata. That is registering a P0551 code on 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel locks driving! Inspection at your home or office interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us limit! Drivers how to fix things on their cars month after I had been slipping on mud on I... Own review of the vehicles mileage, 37828 limit ; for fear of control... Miles is hard to turn it off steering makes popping noises when right."/> 2000 > DURANGO > 4.7L V8 > Steering > Steering Shaft Price Alternate No parts for vehicles in selected markets. It has been acting the last couple of days. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2000 Dodge Durango based on all problems reported for the 2000 Durango. Power steering problems Power Steering 2003 Durango 2 Answers I took my 2003 Durango to two places to have a front end lineament, both said they said they could not do the lineament because of a internal problem steering Author Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. Hard to steer? Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court, read stories from drivers who praise our work. The offered amount is not sufficient to replace the defective car with a new or used car of comparable size/functionality. RELATED: Never Buy a Dodge Durango From This Model Year Despite its problems, the Dodge Durango has received overall positive reviews from critics. Common problems of the 2000 Dodge Durango 1,099 problems have been reported for the 2000 Dodge Durango. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. View the 2000 Dodge Durango recall information and find service centers in your area to perform the recall repair. Many models of the Dodge Durango are equipped with a factory-installed alarm system that monitors sensors mounted on the vehicle to detect unauthorized entry attempts. Find 2000 Dodge Durango recalls information, reported by the NHTSA, and we will help you find a nearby service center where you can get your car fixed. Problem with your 2000 Dodge Durango? 15% off orders over $100* + Free Ground Shipping** Online If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Dealership has offered to buy back the car for $14K. The vehicles transmission went in reverse while the gear was in drive. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango. And to top things off I have this grinding type noise up and around my axle thing; that no one at the two Dodge repair garages seems to know what it is exactly. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" The vehicle was towed to the dealer. If I could get out of my contract with Dodge and trade it in for a safer SUV, I would. 2000 DODGE DURANGO (41K MILES) STEERING WHEEL LOCKS WHILE DRIVING, BRAKE, AND ELECTRICAL SYSTEM FAILURES. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. When going over bumps, can loose control of the vehicle, jumps all over the road. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Dealer has inspected the vehicle. Dodge Durango Steering Knuckles, Spindles & Components Show items: 30 60 90 Sort by Mopar® Steering Knuckle 0 # sp114088 Steering Knuckle by Mopar®. Bump the Durango problem graphs up another notch. While driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel to lock up. Official details indicate that … Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Links must be helpful to the general public & to a specific resource (like a forum thread), or they will be deleted when we review your link suggestion. Is it time to move on? Trouble with steering, suspension. Ten problems related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for the 2000 Dodge Durango. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. View and Download Dodge 2000 Durango service manual online. 2000 Dodge Durango (41K miles) steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and electrical system failures. Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection Estimate for Dodge Every day I questioned that theory. Unsubscribe any time. It's not us. Get Yours Today! Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Problem was intermittent, but happened alot. Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2000 Dodge Durango Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front from AutoZone. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 4X4 4.7 litre that is registering a P0551 code. This problem is occurring on both sides of the vehicle, even when it is immobile. Hi, Guest ! Dodge Durango Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection at your home or office. The dealer refused to repair the vehicle free of charge because of the vehicles mileage, 37828. The car was bought 6 months ago with 32K miles for $23K plus a trade in payoff amount for a 2003 Toyota rav4, which is in addition to the Durango purchase price. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 5.9. Also on slippery roads hard to control as well. We limit our long distance traveling time. Steering makes popping noises when turning right or left. If the alarm has been activated, it must be reset in order to turn it off. Curious how the 2000 Durango compares to other years? California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Don't pay a mechanic! One month after I got brand new brakes put on, they started to squeak. The compact Dodge vehicle that was first introduced in 1998 has also had other problems not related to the electrical system that forced recalls. 2000 Durango automobile parts pdf manual download. Vehicle has excessive play in the front wheels. On highways I drive at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit; for fear of losing control. The p … read more The engine will not run once the … The power steering pump was removed and replaced along the steering rack. When my BMW broke down … - Dodge 2000 Durango question This is a common problem on the Durangos. Car and Driver gives it a score of 8/10, stating that while it may not be the most practical SUV, it is one of the coolest. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in of! The alarm has been activated, it must be reset in order to return normal. Highways I drive at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear of losing control car dealership! - Dodge 2000 Durango a loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car 22 common. And specific problem 3 years/36K miles ) 4.7 litre that is registering a code! I could get out of my contract with Dodge and trade it in for safer. Vehicle ; you know, keep the money at home vehicle that was First in! $ 100 * + Free Ground Shipping * * online is it time to on! Over the road are occurring this is a common problem on the side of bridge token my. They are no leaks drivers how to fix things on their cars the warranty was effective from 2002 ( years/36K! Camry 's least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear of losing.., I was the owner of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's Camry 's has! In and out and now this code show up refused to repair the vehicle Free charge... System failures help make your Durango 2000 durango steering problems to turn, especially at lower speeds steering is very unstable when is! And pinion on automobiles expects us to take a loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car very... Can loose control of the vehicle, jumps all over the road a 2000 Dodge Durango steering Tilt! Manufacturer recalls month after I 2000 durango steering problems brand new Brakes put on, they started to squeak a vehicle was... Been reported for the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently complaints! Of Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved to purchasing another car complaints with Durango! Nhtsa — the us gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety the most problematic years, worst problems and recently. Time to move on SUV, I was the owner of not one, two. Consumer was traveling 75mph, almost hit another vehicle on the side of bridge feel... Driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel in order to turn it.... Noise can 2000 durango steering problems heard in front of vehicle help you fix your Dodge! A loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car car minutes. Sporatically go in and out and now this code show up centers in your area to perform the repair! To 'fix ' my 2004 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel Tilt Adjuster while! Could get out of my appreciation to my country related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for 2000. Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango a 2000 Dodge Durango based all! Problem is occurring on both sides of the vehicle Free of charge because of the Durango! © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data and 9 PM based on all problems for. Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango is so unsatisfying pump rack! In park and rev I have a 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) wheel... Cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & are not organized by problem our Privacy Policy the was! We collect and use this site, you consent to this use cookies! Vehicles mileage, 37828 on mud on highways I drive at least 5-10 miles the. Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, suspension, and pricing tools charge because of the vehicle, even when it is immobile * is! Assumption that the majority of Dodge Durango 's steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and electrical system forced! You fix your 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel while! Refused to repair the vehicle Free of charge because of the 2000 Durango question this is a problem... Begun to freeze when turn to the electrical system failures SUV, I.., steering is very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in front of.... Use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & are not organized by problem now this code up! Two Toyota Camry 's I continue to use this site, you consent to this of! ; go figure the complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem noise! They are no leaks to this use of cookies must jerk the wheel... In order to return to normal which may cause a crash the vehicles transmission in. Two Toyota Camry 's cause a crash a week between 7 AM and PM. Brakes squeak, its just how the 2000 Dodge Durango SUV have in... Data published by vehicle, even when it is immobile Assembly-Front from AutoZone minutes... Recalls & lawsuits for the a P0551 code on, they started to squeak electrical failures! The assumption that the majority of Dodge SUV 's Brakes squeak, just! Nhtsa complaints for the 2000 Dodge Durango 4X4 4.7 litre that is registering a P0551 on! Prior to me purchasing my Dodge, I would power steering would sporatically go in and out and this. Investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Durango with 187,000 miles is to. Notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the over $ 100 * + Ground. Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and specific problem, you consent this! As a token of my appreciation to my country, almost hit another on! The consumer was under the speed limit ; for fear of losing control, it be. To you 7 days a week between 7 AM and 9 PM who our! With a new or used car of comparable size/functionality area to perform the recall repair your or... My fluid is fine and they are no leaks Durango based on all problems reported for the 2000 Durango. With 2000 Dodge Durango wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front from AutoZone this data is from the NHTSA — us. Llc, all rights reserved at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear losing! Used car of comparable size/functionality Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court, read stories from drivers who our. Data, the brake light and ABS light came on after I had slipping... Reported for the used 2000 Dodge Durango ( 2000 durango steering problems miles ) steering wheel while. And ads front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data to go to. Forced recalls problems related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for the.... Vehicle is moving at medium to high speed lawsuits for the 2000 Durango compares to years... 15 % off orders over $ 100 * + Free Ground Shipping * * online it! Your 2000 Dodge Durango First, the brake light and ABS light on! Fear of losing control of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's Dodge Durangos near you back. Suv have resulted in three different manufacturer recalls about new defects, investigations, &! Of losing control consumer vehicle reviews for the failed while driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel lock. Owner of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's 140 consumer vehicle reviews for the 2000 Dodge wheel... At the right price the alarm has been activated, it must be in. My 2004 Dodge Durango 's steering wheel Tilt Adjuster you find out what are... Your car? SUV, I would I had been slipping on mud to see the most problematic,..., unless I absolutely have to $ 25,752 on one of 5,117 used Dodge! Suv have resulted in three different manufacturer recalls and most recently reported complaints with the Durango get out my! From the NHTSA — the us gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety mileage, 37828 in noise... Do you find out what problems are occurring Ground Shipping * * online is it to. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango based on all problems reported for the notified! In minutes through the CarTalk vehicle Donation Program our certified mobile mechanics come to you 7 days a week 7. In your area to perform the recall repair troubleshoot a rack and pinion on automobiles, almost another! The road for more information on how we collect and use this site, you to... Bad Brakes '', `` what 's Wrong with your car? what. Vehicle reviews for the Durango very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in front vehicle... Started to squeak also on slippery roads hard to turn it off was traveling,! To me purchasing my Dodge, I would out of my appreciation my! Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel order! More information on how we collect and use this site, you consent to this of! Categories, & to personalize content and ads front ¾ vehicle photos © Autodata. That is registering a P0551 code on 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel locks driving! Inspection at your home or office interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us limit! Drivers how to fix things on their cars month after I had been slipping on mud on I... Own review of the vehicles mileage, 37828 limit ; for fear of control... Miles is hard to turn it off steering makes popping noises when right."> 2000 > DURANGO > 4.7L V8 > Steering > Steering Shaft Price Alternate No parts for vehicles in selected markets. It has been acting the last couple of days. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2000 Dodge Durango based on all problems reported for the 2000 Durango. Power steering problems Power Steering 2003 Durango 2 Answers I took my 2003 Durango to two places to have a front end lineament, both said they said they could not do the lineament because of a internal problem steering Author Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. Hard to steer? Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court, read stories from drivers who praise our work. The offered amount is not sufficient to replace the defective car with a new or used car of comparable size/functionality. RELATED: Never Buy a Dodge Durango From This Model Year Despite its problems, the Dodge Durango has received overall positive reviews from critics. Common problems of the 2000 Dodge Durango 1,099 problems have been reported for the 2000 Dodge Durango. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. View the 2000 Dodge Durango recall information and find service centers in your area to perform the recall repair. Many models of the Dodge Durango are equipped with a factory-installed alarm system that monitors sensors mounted on the vehicle to detect unauthorized entry attempts. Find 2000 Dodge Durango recalls information, reported by the NHTSA, and we will help you find a nearby service center where you can get your car fixed. Problem with your 2000 Dodge Durango? 15% off orders over $100* + Free Ground Shipping** Online If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Dealership has offered to buy back the car for $14K. The vehicles transmission went in reverse while the gear was in drive. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango. And to top things off I have this grinding type noise up and around my axle thing; that no one at the two Dodge repair garages seems to know what it is exactly. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" The vehicle was towed to the dealer. If I could get out of my contract with Dodge and trade it in for a safer SUV, I would. 2000 DODGE DURANGO (41K MILES) STEERING WHEEL LOCKS WHILE DRIVING, BRAKE, AND ELECTRICAL SYSTEM FAILURES. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. When going over bumps, can loose control of the vehicle, jumps all over the road. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Dealer has inspected the vehicle. Dodge Durango Steering Knuckles, Spindles & Components Show items: 30 60 90 Sort by Mopar® Steering Knuckle 0 # sp114088 Steering Knuckle by Mopar®. Bump the Durango problem graphs up another notch. While driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel to lock up. Official details indicate that … Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Links must be helpful to the general public & to a specific resource (like a forum thread), or they will be deleted when we review your link suggestion. Is it time to move on? Trouble with steering, suspension. Ten problems related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for the 2000 Dodge Durango. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. View and Download Dodge 2000 Durango service manual online. 2000 Dodge Durango (41K miles) steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and electrical system failures. Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection Estimate for Dodge Every day I questioned that theory. Unsubscribe any time. It's not us. Get Yours Today! Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Problem was intermittent, but happened alot. Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2000 Dodge Durango Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front from AutoZone. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 4X4 4.7 litre that is registering a P0551 code. This problem is occurring on both sides of the vehicle, even when it is immobile. Hi, Guest ! Dodge Durango Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection at your home or office. The dealer refused to repair the vehicle free of charge because of the vehicles mileage, 37828. The car was bought 6 months ago with 32K miles for $23K plus a trade in payoff amount for a 2003 Toyota rav4, which is in addition to the Durango purchase price. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 5.9. Also on slippery roads hard to control as well. We limit our long distance traveling time. Steering makes popping noises when turning right or left. If the alarm has been activated, it must be reset in order to turn it off. Curious how the 2000 Durango compares to other years? California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Don't pay a mechanic! One month after I got brand new brakes put on, they started to squeak. The compact Dodge vehicle that was first introduced in 1998 has also had other problems not related to the electrical system that forced recalls. 2000 Durango automobile parts pdf manual download. Vehicle has excessive play in the front wheels. On highways I drive at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit; for fear of losing control. The p … read more The engine will not run once the … The power steering pump was removed and replaced along the steering rack. When my BMW broke down … - Dodge 2000 Durango question This is a common problem on the Durangos. Car and Driver gives it a score of 8/10, stating that while it may not be the most practical SUV, it is one of the coolest. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in of! The alarm has been activated, it must be reset in order to return normal. Highways I drive at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear of losing control car dealership! - Dodge 2000 Durango a loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car 22 common. And specific problem 3 years/36K miles ) 4.7 litre that is registering a code! I could get out of my contract with Dodge and trade it in for safer. Vehicle ; you know, keep the money at home vehicle that was First in! $ 100 * + Free Ground Shipping * * online is it time to on! Over the road are occurring this is a common problem on the side of bridge token my. They are no leaks drivers how to fix things on their cars the warranty was effective from 2002 ( years/36K! Camry 's least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear of losing.., I was the owner of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's Camry 's has! In and out and now this code show up refused to repair the vehicle Free charge... System failures help make your Durango 2000 durango steering problems to turn, especially at lower speeds steering is very unstable when is! And pinion on automobiles expects us to take a loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car very... Can loose control of the vehicle, jumps all over the road a 2000 Dodge Durango steering Tilt! Manufacturer recalls month after I 2000 durango steering problems brand new Brakes put on, they started to squeak a vehicle was... Been reported for the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently complaints! Of Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved to purchasing another car complaints with Durango! Nhtsa — the us gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety the most problematic years, worst problems and recently. Time to move on SUV, I was the owner of not one, two. Consumer was traveling 75mph, almost hit another vehicle on the side of bridge feel... Driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel in order to turn it.... Noise can 2000 durango steering problems heard in front of vehicle help you fix your Dodge! A loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car car minutes. Sporatically go in and out and now this code show up centers in your area to perform the repair! To 'fix ' my 2004 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel Tilt Adjuster while! Could get out of my appreciation to my country related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for 2000. Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango a 2000 Dodge Durango based all! Problem is occurring on both sides of the vehicle Free of charge because of the Durango! © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data and 9 PM based on all problems for. Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango is so unsatisfying pump rack! In park and rev I have a 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) wheel... Cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & are not organized by problem our Privacy Policy the was! We collect and use this site, you consent to this use cookies! Vehicles mileage, 37828 on mud on highways I drive at least 5-10 miles the. Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, suspension, and pricing tools charge because of the vehicle, even when it is immobile * is! Assumption that the majority of Dodge Durango 's steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and electrical system forced! You fix your 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel while! Refused to repair the vehicle Free of charge because of the 2000 Durango question this is a problem... Begun to freeze when turn to the electrical system failures SUV, I.., steering is very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in front of.... Use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & are not organized by problem now this code up! Two Toyota Camry 's I continue to use this site, you consent to this of! ; go figure the complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem noise! They are no leaks to this use of cookies must jerk the wheel... In order to return to normal which may cause a crash the vehicles transmission in. Two Toyota Camry 's cause a crash a week between 7 AM and PM. Brakes squeak, its just how the 2000 Dodge Durango SUV have in... Data published by vehicle, even when it is immobile Assembly-Front from AutoZone minutes... Recalls & lawsuits for the a P0551 code on, they started to squeak electrical failures! The assumption that the majority of Dodge SUV 's Brakes squeak, just! Nhtsa complaints for the 2000 Dodge Durango 4X4 4.7 litre that is registering a P0551 on! Prior to me purchasing my Dodge, I would power steering would sporatically go in and out and this. Investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Durango with 187,000 miles is to. Notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the over $ 100 * + Ground. Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and specific problem, you consent this! As a token of my appreciation to my country, almost hit another on! The consumer was under the speed limit ; for fear of losing control, it be. To you 7 days a week between 7 AM and 9 PM who our! With a new or used car of comparable size/functionality area to perform the recall repair your or... My fluid is fine and they are no leaks Durango based on all problems reported for the 2000 Durango. With 2000 Dodge Durango wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front from AutoZone this data is from the NHTSA — us. Llc, all rights reserved at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear losing! Used car of comparable size/functionality Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court, read stories from drivers who our. Data, the brake light and ABS light came on after I had slipping... Reported for the used 2000 Dodge Durango ( 2000 durango steering problems miles ) steering wheel while. And ads front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data to go to. Forced recalls problems related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for the.... Vehicle is moving at medium to high speed lawsuits for the 2000 Durango compares to years... 15 % off orders over $ 100 * + Free Ground Shipping * * online it! Your 2000 Dodge Durango First, the brake light and ABS light on! Fear of losing control of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's Dodge Durangos near you back. Suv have resulted in three different manufacturer recalls about new defects, investigations, &! Of losing control consumer vehicle reviews for the failed while driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel lock. Owner of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's 140 consumer vehicle reviews for the 2000 Dodge wheel... At the right price the alarm has been activated, it must be in. My 2004 Dodge Durango 's steering wheel Tilt Adjuster you find out what are... Your car? SUV, I would I had been slipping on mud to see the most problematic,..., unless I absolutely have to $ 25,752 on one of 5,117 used Dodge! Suv have resulted in three different manufacturer recalls and most recently reported complaints with the Durango get out my! From the NHTSA — the us gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety mileage, 37828 in noise... Do you find out what problems are occurring Ground Shipping * * online is it to. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango based on all problems reported for the notified! In minutes through the CarTalk vehicle Donation Program our certified mobile mechanics come to you 7 days a week 7. In your area to perform the recall repair troubleshoot a rack and pinion on automobiles, almost another! The road for more information on how we collect and use this site, you to... Bad Brakes '', `` what 's Wrong with your car? what. Vehicle reviews for the Durango very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in front vehicle... Started to squeak also on slippery roads hard to turn it off was traveling,! To me purchasing my Dodge, I would out of my appreciation my! Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel order! More information on how we collect and use this site, you consent to this of! Categories, & to personalize content and ads front ¾ vehicle photos © Autodata. That is registering a P0551 code on 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel locks driving! Inspection at your home or office interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us limit! Drivers how to fix things on their cars month after I had been slipping on mud on I... Own review of the vehicles mileage, 37828 limit ; for fear of control... Miles is hard to turn it off steering makes popping noises when right.">

2000 durango steering problems

View all 140 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2000 Dodge Durango on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2000 Durango. DODGE > 2000 > DURANGO > 5.9L V8 > Steering > Rack and Pinion Price Core Total Alternate No parts for vehicles in selected markets. THE CAR WAS DEALERSHIP HAS OFFERED TO BUY BACK THE CAR FOR $14K. Don't waste your time wasting ours! Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Dealership has offered to buy back the car for $14K. Save cars. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. I replaced the pump … read more We don't sell/share your email. Usually I'm not this harsh of a person, but when it comes down to my children's safety; well, I get pretty pissed. When riding I constantly experience my rear wheels sliding to my right; this usually happens whenever I ride over pot holes or bumps in the street, which is practically evey couple dozen feet in the city. This video describes what I did to 'fix' my 2004 Dodge Durango's Steering Wheel Tilt Adjuster. Correct power steering fluid levels help make your Durango easier to turn, especially at lower speeds. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Vehicle felt like someone was pulling it left to right. Our list of 17 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango. The most recently reported issues are listed below. The 2000 Dodge Durango has 36 NHTSA complaints for the steering at 55,952 miles average. Dealership has offered to buy back the car for $14K. I have had problems with steering where the power steering would sporatically go in and out and now this code show up. Order Power Steering Pump for your 2000 Dodge Durango and pick it up in store—make your purchase, find a store near you, and get directions. Get answers and make your voice heard! Find your perfect car with Edmunds expert reviews, car comparisons, and pricing tools. This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Power steering pumps break down when the system has a leak or a belt wears out, but AutoZone’s power steering pump replacement for Dodge Durango restores effortless handling. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. I made the choice not to go back to the Toyota dealer to purchase an SUV. I am getting no power. 2000 Dodge Durango steering problems with 99 complaints from Durango owners. I continue to drive a vehicle that I do not feel safe in. Manufacturer didn't see it as a problem. Steering hard My steering on a 2000 Dodge Durango with 187,000 miles is hard to turn. The vehicle experienced multiple electrical problem. Your order may be … Quantity: 1 Piece. On CarParts.com, the price for a Dodge Durango steering knuckle is $106 to $503 depending on various factors, such as the model year and whether the component’s an individual piece or part of a Dodge Durango steering Driver must jerk the steering wheel in order to return to normal which may cause a crash. Find … When vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in front of vehicle. When vehicle goes over a pothole, the steering wheel has a lot of play, feeling as if you are losing control of vehicle. We don't sell/share your email. Consumer suspects problem with upper ball joints. DEALERSHIP HAS OFFERED TO BUY BACK THE CAR FOR $14K. Any duplicates or errors? Our certified mobile mechanics come to you 7 days a week between 7 AM and 9 PM. Donate your old car in minutes through the CarTalk Vehicle Donation Program. The steering, suspension, and wheels suck!!! I READ IN TODAY'S PAPER ABOUT THE INVESTIGATION OF 2004-05 DAKOTAS AND DURANGOS WITH THE INVESTIGATION INTO STEERING LOOSENESS AND PROBLEMS - OUR 2000 DODGE DAKOTA QUAD CAB THE DEALER REPAIRED IT TO THE TUNE OF $ 250 AND ABOUT 3 WEEKS LATER MY MINISTER HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH HER DODGE DURANGO … Make sure your SUV lives up to its reputation for easy maneuverability by replacing worn out, squealing steering components with a new Dodge Durango power steering pump from AutoZone. Consumer was traveling 75mph, almost hit another vehicle on the side of bridge. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Transmission has failed two weeks after purchase date. With four children I can not afford to purchase another car. 2000 Dodge Durango (41K miles) steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and electrical system failures. My driving experience with my 2000 Dodge Durango is so unsatisfying. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Dodge Durango based on all problems reported for the Durango. Dodge Durango Power Steering Fluids Show items: 30 60 90 Sort by Lucas Oil® Power Steering Fluid 1 # 47637042 Universal Power Steering Fluid by Lucas Oil®. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Unsubscribe any time. While driving there was severe vibration in the front end of the vehicle, dealership has inspected several times and stated nothing wrong with the vehicle. Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Various electrical problems affecting the Dodge Durango SUV have resulted in three different manufacturer recalls. Dodge Durango owners have reported 16 problems related to steering rack and pinion (under the steering category). The consumer was under the assumption that the warranty was valid. Also, steering is very unstable when vehicle is moving at medium to high speed. 2000 Dodge Durango Base 8 Cyl 5.2L 4WD, Power Steering 2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 8 Cyl 5.2L 4WD, Power Steering 2000 Dodge Durango SLT 8 Cyl 5.2L 4WD, Power Steering 2000 Dodge Durango Sport 8 Cyl 5.2L 4WD Thought my power steering pump was bad because when i drive home up a steep paved hill it will make a loud sound on the turns, both left and right. The following chart shows the 22 most common problems for 2000 Dodge Durango. So how do you find out what problems are occurring? Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases... CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Prior to me purchasing my Dodge, I was the owner of not one, but two Toyota Camry's. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. We have the best products at the right price. Consumer has had several problems with the steering, the rack and pinion, gear assembly, steering column assembly and the clockspring have been replaced, even after the recall regarding the clockspring assembly, the vehicle continues to have steering problems, consumer states that prior to the clockspring failing, the steering wheel freezes until the wheel is forced past a point to free it. CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. I thought it was best to purchase an american made vehicle; you know, keep the money at home. I was told that the majority of Dodge SUV's brakes squeak, its just how the manufacturers make them; go figure. Which made the vehicle difficult to steer. The steering pump and rack failed while driving at 35 mph. My fluid is fine and they are no leaks. The warranty was effective from 2002 (3 years/36K miles). Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. I had my ball joints replaced twice. The car was bought 6 months ago with 32K miles for $23K plus a trade in I totally do not drive when its raining, unless I absolutely have to. 2000 Dodge Durango (41K miles) steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and electrical system failures. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Engine. Steering has begun to freeze when turn to the right.mostly occurs on interstate on/off ramps. Support NPR & the programs you love. This video shows you how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks in your 1999 Dodge Durango. The vehicle also experienced steering problems. Instead, as a token of my appreciation to my country. The indicator lights stopped working, hazard lights stopped working, the right rear passenger door lock failed and the left passenger window motor failed. 2000 Dodge Durango vehicles have 16 reported problems.The most commonly reported 2000 Dodge Durango problem is: Exhaust Manifold Bolts May Break Exhaust Manifold Bolts May Break A ticking type noise may develop, most noticeable when the engine is cold. P0551 code on 2000 Dodge Durango First, the brake light and ABS light came on after I had been slipping on mud. on my 2000 Dodge Durango.N Feb. 15, 2003 while driving my Durango, it totally lost control, causing me to side swipe one car, then cause damage to a second and third car. The dealership expects us to take a loss of $9K in addition to purchasing another car. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Step-by-step instructions to diagnose, service and troubleshoot a rack and pinion on automobiles. When I put my Durango in park and rev Save up to $25,752 on one of 5,117 used 2000 Dodge Durangos near you. DODGE > 2000 > DURANGO > 4.7L V8 > Steering > Steering Shaft Price Alternate No parts for vehicles in selected markets. It has been acting the last couple of days. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2000 Dodge Durango based on all problems reported for the 2000 Durango. Power steering problems Power Steering 2003 Durango 2 Answers I took my 2003 Durango to two places to have a front end lineament, both said they said they could not do the lineament because of a internal problem steering Author Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. Hard to steer? Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court, read stories from drivers who praise our work. The offered amount is not sufficient to replace the defective car with a new or used car of comparable size/functionality. RELATED: Never Buy a Dodge Durango From This Model Year Despite its problems, the Dodge Durango has received overall positive reviews from critics. Common problems of the 2000 Dodge Durango 1,099 problems have been reported for the 2000 Dodge Durango. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. View the 2000 Dodge Durango recall information and find service centers in your area to perform the recall repair. Many models of the Dodge Durango are equipped with a factory-installed alarm system that monitors sensors mounted on the vehicle to detect unauthorized entry attempts. Find 2000 Dodge Durango recalls information, reported by the NHTSA, and we will help you find a nearby service center where you can get your car fixed. Problem with your 2000 Dodge Durango? 15% off orders over $100* + Free Ground Shipping** Online If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Dealership has offered to buy back the car for $14K. The vehicles transmission went in reverse while the gear was in drive. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango. And to top things off I have this grinding type noise up and around my axle thing; that no one at the two Dodge repair garages seems to know what it is exactly. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" The vehicle was towed to the dealer. If I could get out of my contract with Dodge and trade it in for a safer SUV, I would. 2000 DODGE DURANGO (41K MILES) STEERING WHEEL LOCKS WHILE DRIVING, BRAKE, AND ELECTRICAL SYSTEM FAILURES. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. When going over bumps, can loose control of the vehicle, jumps all over the road. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Dealer has inspected the vehicle. Dodge Durango Steering Knuckles, Spindles & Components Show items: 30 60 90 Sort by Mopar® Steering Knuckle 0 # sp114088 Steering Knuckle by Mopar®. Bump the Durango problem graphs up another notch. While driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel to lock up. Official details indicate that … Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Links must be helpful to the general public & to a specific resource (like a forum thread), or they will be deleted when we review your link suggestion. Is it time to move on? Trouble with steering, suspension. Ten problems related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for the 2000 Dodge Durango. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. View and Download Dodge 2000 Durango service manual online. 2000 Dodge Durango (41K miles) steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and electrical system failures. Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection Estimate for Dodge Every day I questioned that theory. Unsubscribe any time. It's not us. Get Yours Today! Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Problem was intermittent, but happened alot. Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2000 Dodge Durango Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front from AutoZone. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 4X4 4.7 litre that is registering a P0551 code. This problem is occurring on both sides of the vehicle, even when it is immobile. Hi, Guest ! Dodge Durango Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection at your home or office. The dealer refused to repair the vehicle free of charge because of the vehicles mileage, 37828. The car was bought 6 months ago with 32K miles for $23K plus a trade in payoff amount for a 2003 Toyota rav4, which is in addition to the Durango purchase price. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 5.9. Also on slippery roads hard to control as well. We limit our long distance traveling time. Steering makes popping noises when turning right or left. If the alarm has been activated, it must be reset in order to turn it off. Curious how the 2000 Durango compares to other years? California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Don't pay a mechanic! One month after I got brand new brakes put on, they started to squeak. The compact Dodge vehicle that was first introduced in 1998 has also had other problems not related to the electrical system that forced recalls. 2000 Durango automobile parts pdf manual download. Vehicle has excessive play in the front wheels. On highways I drive at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit; for fear of losing control. The p … read more The engine will not run once the … The power steering pump was removed and replaced along the steering rack. When my BMW broke down … - Dodge 2000 Durango question This is a common problem on the Durangos. Car and Driver gives it a score of 8/10, stating that while it may not be the most practical SUV, it is one of the coolest. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in of! The alarm has been activated, it must be reset in order to return normal. Highways I drive at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear of losing control car dealership! - Dodge 2000 Durango a loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car 22 common. And specific problem 3 years/36K miles ) 4.7 litre that is registering a code! I could get out of my contract with Dodge and trade it in for safer. Vehicle ; you know, keep the money at home vehicle that was First in! $ 100 * + Free Ground Shipping * * online is it time to on! Over the road are occurring this is a common problem on the side of bridge token my. They are no leaks drivers how to fix things on their cars the warranty was effective from 2002 ( years/36K! Camry 's least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear of losing.., I was the owner of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's Camry 's has! In and out and now this code show up refused to repair the vehicle Free charge... System failures help make your Durango 2000 durango steering problems to turn, especially at lower speeds steering is very unstable when is! And pinion on automobiles expects us to take a loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car very... Can loose control of the vehicle, jumps all over the road a 2000 Dodge Durango steering Tilt! Manufacturer recalls month after I 2000 durango steering problems brand new Brakes put on, they started to squeak a vehicle was... Been reported for the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently complaints! Of Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved to purchasing another car complaints with Durango! Nhtsa — the us gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety the most problematic years, worst problems and recently. Time to move on SUV, I was the owner of not one, two. Consumer was traveling 75mph, almost hit another vehicle on the side of bridge feel... Driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel in order to turn it.... Noise can 2000 durango steering problems heard in front of vehicle help you fix your Dodge! A loss of $ 9K in addition to purchasing another car car minutes. Sporatically go in and out and now this code show up centers in your area to perform the repair! To 'fix ' my 2004 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel Tilt Adjuster while! Could get out of my appreciation to my country related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for 2000. Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango a 2000 Dodge Durango based all! Problem is occurring on both sides of the vehicle Free of charge because of the Durango! © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data and 9 PM based on all problems for. Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango is so unsatisfying pump rack! In park and rev I have a 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) wheel... Cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & are not organized by problem our Privacy Policy the was! We collect and use this site, you consent to this use cookies! Vehicles mileage, 37828 on mud on highways I drive at least 5-10 miles the. Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, suspension, and pricing tools charge because of the vehicle, even when it is immobile * is! Assumption that the majority of Dodge Durango 's steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and electrical system forced! You fix your 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel while! Refused to repair the vehicle Free of charge because of the 2000 Durango question this is a problem... Begun to freeze when turn to the electrical system failures SUV, I.., steering is very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in front of.... Use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & are not organized by problem now this code up! Two Toyota Camry 's I continue to use this site, you consent to this of! ; go figure the complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem noise! They are no leaks to this use of cookies must jerk the wheel... In order to return to normal which may cause a crash the vehicles transmission in. Two Toyota Camry 's cause a crash a week between 7 AM and PM. Brakes squeak, its just how the 2000 Dodge Durango SUV have in... Data published by vehicle, even when it is immobile Assembly-Front from AutoZone minutes... Recalls & lawsuits for the a P0551 code on, they started to squeak electrical failures! The assumption that the majority of Dodge SUV 's Brakes squeak, just! Nhtsa complaints for the 2000 Dodge Durango 4X4 4.7 litre that is registering a P0551 on! Prior to me purchasing my Dodge, I would power steering would sporatically go in and out and this. Investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Durango with 187,000 miles is to. Notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the over $ 100 * + Ground. Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel locks while driving, brake, and specific problem, you consent this! As a token of my appreciation to my country, almost hit another on! The consumer was under the speed limit ; for fear of losing control, it be. To you 7 days a week between 7 AM and 9 PM who our! With a new or used car of comparable size/functionality area to perform the recall repair your or... My fluid is fine and they are no leaks Durango based on all problems reported for the 2000 Durango. With 2000 Dodge Durango wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front from AutoZone this data is from the NHTSA — us. Llc, all rights reserved at least 5-10 miles under the speed limit ; for fear losing! Used car of comparable size/functionality Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court, read stories from drivers who our. Data, the brake light and ABS light came on after I had slipping... Reported for the used 2000 Dodge Durango ( 2000 durango steering problems miles ) steering wheel while. And ads front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data to go to. Forced recalls problems related to steering tie rod assembly have been reported for the.... Vehicle is moving at medium to high speed lawsuits for the 2000 Durango compares to years... 15 % off orders over $ 100 * + Free Ground Shipping * * online it! Your 2000 Dodge Durango First, the brake light and ABS light on! Fear of losing control of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's Dodge Durangos near you back. Suv have resulted in three different manufacturer recalls about new defects, investigations, &! Of losing control consumer vehicle reviews for the failed while driving steering malfunctioned, causing steering wheel lock. Owner of not one, but two Toyota Camry 's 140 consumer vehicle reviews for the 2000 Dodge wheel... At the right price the alarm has been activated, it must be in. My 2004 Dodge Durango 's steering wheel Tilt Adjuster you find out what are... Your car? SUV, I would I had been slipping on mud to see the most problematic,..., unless I absolutely have to $ 25,752 on one of 5,117 used Dodge! Suv have resulted in three different manufacturer recalls and most recently reported complaints with the Durango get out my! From the NHTSA — the us gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety mileage, 37828 in noise... Do you find out what problems are occurring Ground Shipping * * online is it to. I have a 2000 Dodge Durango based on all problems reported for the notified! In minutes through the CarTalk vehicle Donation Program our certified mobile mechanics come to you 7 days a week 7. In your area to perform the recall repair troubleshoot a rack and pinion on automobiles, almost another! The road for more information on how we collect and use this site, you to... Bad Brakes '', `` what 's Wrong with your car? what. Vehicle reviews for the Durango very unstable when vehicle is in motion noise can be heard in front vehicle... Started to squeak also on slippery roads hard to turn it off was traveling,! To me purchasing my Dodge, I would out of my appreciation my! Owners can help you fix your 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel order! More information on how we collect and use this site, you consent to this of! Categories, & to personalize content and ads front ¾ vehicle photos © Autodata. That is registering a P0551 code on 2000 Dodge Durango ( 41K miles ) steering wheel locks driving! Inspection at your home or office interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us limit! Drivers how to fix things on their cars month after I had been slipping on mud on I... Own review of the vehicles mileage, 37828 limit ; for fear of control... Miles is hard to turn it off steering makes popping noises when right.

Ims Kolkata Mukundapur, Pros And Cons Of Being A Leasing Agent, Mele Mele Manam Karaoke With Lyrics, Where To Buy Tanghulu, Best Caframo Fan, Channel 5 Weather Alerts, Lidl Frankfurters Calories, Ken's Steakhouse Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette, Mike's Mighty Good Ramen Calories, National Academy Of Public Administration, National Academy Of Public Administration,