they're all ~ 8" in diameter. Get it as soon as Tomorrow, Dec 13. If taken care of, your great great grandchildren may still be cooking on your cast-iron, a counter-top will probably not last two decades unless you spend a fair hunk of change on it. Few people have enough experience with multiple brands to make useful comparisons. Bread Baking For about $300 you get something that gives you an enormous cooking area. It's 100% clear that I need to get myself a griddle, but either cast-iron or something a bit more substantial than just one of those el-cheap-o nonstick griddles form Wal Mart. So, I've been looking around, and I've found a couple of electric counter-top griddles that are within our budget range for something like this. $29.90 $ 29. Buying a flat-top grill/griddle for the home? Tackle Any Great Outdoor Event with the Blackstone family of Griddles & Cookware. I keep it in the garage due to my climate. Detailed (Include the recipe, pictures etc.). I came here to say this, but cityfarmgirlpdx has better flair than I do, so I'm just commenting on her post instead. Here are some of our most popular discussions and a few other odds and ends. Cheese Are the seeds in whole star anise pods the same thing as “anise seed” in recipes? If you really like the cheap cast-iron, but the surface is just a bit too rough for you, then spend money on a better cast-iron instead. Both these things in combination help you cook scrumptious, juicy grilled food. I use mine several times per week. Eat Cheap and Healthy But DO NOT slide it around or you will have some ugly scratches! A commercial griddle has a rectangular plate made of thicker steel. Lodge Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, LDP3, 16.75" x 9.5" 4.3 out of 5 stars 1,996. Replacement parts. Please avoid requests for recipes for specific ingredients or dishes (unless it's obscure and Google has failed you). Eliminate multiple pans and skillets and make amazing food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on one unique cooktop that only gets better with age. If a comment or post does not adhere to these guidelines, please use the "REPORT" link beneath the comment or post to notify the mods. The reversible part was great, too. Canning Benefits of a Professional Range Griddle. This griddle is large enough to feed a large number of mouths. I'm a bit rough when I cook and wouldn't want to have to be delicate if I was concerned it might move while scraping under a patty, etc. #1 Presto – 22″ Non Stick Electric Griddle (Most Popular) The Presto 22″electric griddle is the most popular electric griddle for 2018 and 2019. KidKitchen New Blackstone Griddles for 2021 - Lowes Culinary Series and Walmart E-Series Electric Griddles Foraging 4.5 out of 5 stars 7,898. Arrives before Christmas. FREE Shipping by Amazon. In need of hummus help! Does the Lodge 10.5" cast iron round griddle work well on a glass top electric stove? Ask the mods. As a general rule, if you are looking for a variety of good answers, go to /r/Cooking. Check it too! In the $25 to $50 price range, you’ll find large griddles with extra features such as a warming tray, removable handles, and heat controls. Given the uneven size of the burners on an electric stove, you may want to consider the smaller, single burner griddle. I would recommend getting a cheap cast-iron, and if you prefer it stick with it, and if not you are not out too much money to go for the counter-top. However, if the misinformation is dangerous or is crowding out correct information, the mods may remove it. A usable cast iron griddle may run you as little as $20, or even less if you buy one second-hand. However, you should use an oven mitt since the handles and edges of a griddle become very hot. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. OTOH, there is a reason we are so much in love with our iron. Position the griddle on top of two burners that are closest to each other. This is very similar to my range: Many griddles can be heated on the stove, on the grill or in the oven, but some are standalone appliances that sit on the countertop. This will ensure you get the best answers. http://www.cmicdataservices.com/resourcefiles/mayt/photos/blowup/mer8670ab-b.jpg, On a side note, this is what I was looking into getting: One other consideration is cost/time. parent) comments responding directly the post be attempts to answer the question posed. However, … * Healthy Recipes/Modifications, Specialties: Aluminum: Aluminum cookware is light weight, less expensive and conducts heat well. $29.90 $ 29. Desserts Questions about what is healthy and unhealthy are outside of the scope of this subreddit. Please check it before posting! Not sure if your post fits? Recently, I've been thinking it may be because I'm not using that awesome flat top. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. Free Shipping. © 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. I'd like to know too if the bottom of this griddle isn't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim. Rendered by PID 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: US. Once again, some units have legs or stands that can even be collapsible. If a griddle is something you frequently use and you have space for it, a Blackstone griddle is a game changer. AskBaking Food Science This 20" Non-Stick Reversible Grill Pan & Griddle. Burgers * Casual Culinary Discussion Slow Cooking FREE Shipping by Amazon. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Press J to jump to the feed. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: Welcome to /r/AskCulinary where we provide expert guidance for your specific cooking problems to help people of all skill levels become better cooks, to increase understanding of cooking, and to share valuable culinary knowledge. If we get one, we'd probably cook almost everything on it, so it would get used, but if the taste won't be similar to what we get in restaurants, there's not much of a reason to get one. The heating element is at the bottom of the not-so-deep well. 99. 90. The electric griddle is typically heated by an electrical device under the grill which is often removable for easier cleaning. Thanks AC, the responses have been extremely helpful and whatever I decide, it's clear I need a griddle lol. More Buying Choices $28.41 (40 used & new offers) I'd like to know too if the bottom of this griddle isn't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim. Presto is a very ood brand in my opinion and I’m a big fan of this electric griddle, which comes in several different sizes. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. Step 2 - Heat the Stove Top Griddle. Outdoor Cooking Without the Compromise. TL;DR: Used to cook on a flat-top, want to get one for the home, will it give same results as a restaurant? Electrical griddles are widely being used in domestic settings, especially for making breakfasts. Shop for electric stove griddle online at Target. Here we share honest, experience based opinions, helpful advice, and useful product reviews for all of your kitchen equipment needs. While we are happy to answer general food safety questions, we're less comfortable with questions about the specific pot of soup you left out on the counter. For the one right answer, come to /r/AskCulinary. Maybe it was in the castiron forum where someone suggested I use a heat diffuser under the Lodge round 10.5" griddle (which I should receive ~ 3 Jan. 2021), in order to protect the glass top from scratches and marring. (The el-cheap-o griddles you can get at walmart are quite serviceable, even the non-reversible ones.) These griddles cover your entire stove top, and they’re great for putting together giant meals for the whole family. And for what you are specifically asking, get a good flat cast iron griddle, not a skillet, and you should get a surface very similar to what you are used to. Of course, you can cook much more than just breakfast food. On my last trip to costco, several of the sample stations were using electric griddles and making some darn-good food. MimicRecipes * Recipes for a Specific Dish Keto I have this exact item, and will vouch for (and upvote) PyroMegaloManiac's recommendation. And no, it won’t damage the glass if you’re not sliding and slamming it around. If you are willing to take proper care of it, cast iron will give you some of the best cooking experience you can get for the money, but do your research first. Even though cleaning is time consuming, the versatility is well worth it. [–]psabmonkey 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (0 children). There is a lot of space between the two, so we'll try to answer what we can if there seems to be enough information to give a reliable answer. That underside rim would be OK for a gas stove but not an electric glass top one. A large griddle is great for feeding a crowd, but if you’re cooking for one or two, this compact griddle has plenty of space for four fried eggs, a pair of steaks, or hash browns for breakfast. 4.2 out of 5 stars 575. Or do I need to use it with an outdoor grill? Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 16.75 Inch x 9.5 Inch, Black. Amazon's Choice for stovetop griddle for electric range Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 16.75 Inch x 9.5 Inch, Black 4.6 out of 5 stars 7,853 Food and cooking are subjective, but as a community, we don't want to spread bad information if we can help it. If you see a wrong answer, report it. Turn the burners on to the desired temperature. Salsa [–]the_ginga_ninja[S] 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (1 child). Sous Vide Is it worth it for me to drop up to $350 for a flat-top to use at home? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm still leaning towards one of the electric countertop models I listed in a subsequent post, as most of the negative are related to the cleaning of the unit (bricking sucks but if it can cut out reliance on restaurants in half, I'm down). Budget Food, Scholarship: Asian Eats Simply put the griddle on top of your stove! * Brainstorming Recipe Ideas [–]kg4wwn 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (0 children). (Although you may have to figure out exactly how hot you need to get it to match the heat you were used to on your old grill. Digital features are often included with electric griddle models. The Chef King 7 gauge griddle is relatively easy to clean and store. I would think a well seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the stove top would serve the same purpose. Japanese Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Provided the griddle is already seasoned, only a thin layer of oil is needed to cook almost any food without sticking. Edit: Disclaimer, yes cast iron fanboys are just as zealous as Mac fanboys, so take the stuff I say with a grain of salt as you would with any other True Believer. That underside rim would be OK for a gas stove but not an electric glass top one. Buying a flat-top grill/griddle for the home? With a size of 19 inches by 11 inches, it covers two stoves from uniform heating throughout. Now, when I was younger and working for my mom in her convenience store/deli, I used to cook on the flat-top grill all the time. Conventional electric? REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: US. They are used to control heat levels. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. Get it as soon as Thu, Dec 24. * The same, but with more abuse, Fit Meals [–][deleted] 4 points5 points6 points 8 years ago (0 children). I had one, too. Tip of My Fork. (Or wait till you find one at a flea-market.). Also, my mother used to tell me the grill had been seasoned, which is what gave it the taste. http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Double-Reversible-Grill-Griddle/dp/B002CMLTXG/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1341876329&sr=1-2&keywords=lodge+griddles, [–]agentphunk 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (2 children). The Anolon.Advanced, just like its name implies, is a stove top griddle with advanced features. It’s a 23″ stainless griddle with heat resistant handles. You’ll also find a few griddle/grill combos, some with a grill that has a lid for overall searing. I tried to cook the same ingredientes (burgers, eggs, hashbrowns, etc...) at home using my pans, and the results weren't even close. A commercial electric griddle is ideal for your food truck, concession stand, diner, or restaurant. More Buying Choices $27.17 (3 used & new offers) NutriChef Cast Iron Reversible Grill Plate - 18 Inch Flat Cast Iron Skillet Griddle Pan For Stove Top, Gas Range Grilling Pan w/ Silicone Oven Mitt For Electric Stovetop, Ceramic, Induction. Cheap Meals Pastry You can get really great cross-hatch marks on the grill side if you spin your items 45 degrees 1/2 way through. We're also avoiding brand recommendations or comparisons for kitchen equipment. Southern US, On the cheap: Doesn’t matter really if it’s slightly raised then. Griddles with stands and legs are best suited for radiant electric stoves with glass tops. Smaller stovetop griddles come in square or round shapes. Sushi Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. They fit over one burner, which means that the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature. FREE Shipping by Amazon. More Buying Choices $27.51 (50 used & new offers) Best Seller in Griddles. Prompts for general discussion or advice are discouraged outside of our official Weekly Discussion (for which we're happy to take requests). So with something like that, would it work with my electric range? 5 features to Look for In a Griddle. Griddle - stovetop vs. electric I'm shopping around for a griddle and I'm a bit lost as to where to go. If you don't have a gas stove or simply want to use the griddle on a counter top, get an electric griddle that you can just plug in. [–]MCozensPastry Chef 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (0 children). I personally think a griddle is a great addition to a kitchen. The cooking surface is 8 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches and has a nonstick coating for easy cleanup. This 10.75" D x 20" W cooking surface turns 2 burners of your gas or electric stove into a large griddle or grill. * Recipes for a Specific Ingredient, ChefIt Ice Cream! Electric griddles can be used to cook an array of breakfast foods, as well as burgers or grilled cheese. http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Double-Reversible-Grill-Griddle/dp/B002CMLTXG/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1341876329&sr=1-2&keywords=lodge+griddles, http://www.cmicdataservices.com/resourcefiles/mayt/photos/blowup/mer8670ab-b.jpg, http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-grid-16-16-electric-countertop-griddle-120v/177EG16%20%20%20%20%20120.html. Tell us your specialty and title and get flaired. I believe this might be what you need for those large cookouts or family get-together. Shop for coleman camping griddle online at Target. * Opinion Polls and Show and Tell Requests, Recipes 1. But if you have a culinary question that takes into account some specified dietary needs, we'll do our best to help. Here's our FAQ. Cooking Smoking Hey-o AskCulinary! With all of this extra room, you can cook pancakes in larger batches for those hungry kiddos, or roast your veggies while your steak simmers. It’s even oven-safe to 430 degrees, so you can use it for roasting vegetables or finishing a stove-seared steak in the oven. $25 to $50. Or would metal/metal contact be bad for that. Ask Food Historians This will give you more control when you're cooking than if you were using gas. I've thought about this before, but it seems like the time spent with a grill brick cleaning up would not be worth it. It cooks so fast and even. Does the Lodge 10.5" cast iron round griddle work well on a glass top electric stove? I'm interested in learning a regional style of Asian cuisine but I'm unsure which and where to begin. BBQ Amazon's Choice for griddle for electric stove. [–]cityfarmgirlpdxFood Cart Owner 7 points8 points9 points 8 years ago (1 child). Some electric griddles in this price range have removable heat controls and may be submersible. Fermentation A cast iron griddle allows you to cook pancakes, eggs, burgers and some flat breads on the stovetop to perfection. Also, there are some things that don't go as well in cast iron as in other forms of cooking gear, but there are so many more that do better I think it is worth it. Charcuterie Yes. Will the cast iron griddle scratch and mar the glass top of the GE electric stove which belongs to my landlord? As a general rule, being wrong is not a removable offense for a comment. Can I use watered down half & half in place of milk in a casserole recipe? Sensarte Nonstick Griddle Grill, Pro-Grid Reversible Grill & Griddle Pan, Two Burner Cast Aluminum Griddle, Portable for Indoor Stovetop or Outdoor Camping BBQ, 19.5" x … Its advantage is that you can put it directly on the table and cook food with minimal to no transfer from the stove to the plate. The salmon and tofu I've done on the grill side have come out excellent, and the pancakes on the flat-top are great too. and join one of thousands of communities. Science of Cooking, Identify that dish or ingredient: A smooth, flat bottom makes this griddle great for electric stoves, while the roomy cooking surface offers plenty of space for cooking pancakes, bacon, burgers, and more. It’s also great because you can cook a … (self.AskCulinary). * Kitchen Stories, Kitchen Confidential It's 100% clear that I need to get myself a griddle, but either cast-iron or something a bit more substantial than just one of those el-cheap-o nonstick griddles form Wal Mart. It gives the best performance by using within a low to medium heat on an electric stove. If a post raises further questions that you'd like answers, please post them separately. However, a cast iron piece can be the right pan for electric coil stove but for electric stove with glass top this cookware is not suitable because it is heavy. Size and Shape. * General Tips and Tricks Difference between vanilla oil and vanilla extract? But, I'm wondering if this truly is the issue. My wife and I are trying cut back on our restaurant/going out habits by cooking more at home, but we really love the food we get when we go out to restaurants. Full Cookout Experience. We ask that all top level (a.k.a. Shop for griddle for electric stove online at Target. As for the cleaning of the unit, if the results are awesome, I won't mind bricking it (I did it for over 4 years so, no big deal). You may know of the portable electric griddles you can place on top of your counter, but professional (pro) griddles are integrated into pro ranges and rangetops for far faster, more consistent temperatures. If you let food cool on it it will stick fairly badly, but if it is still warm when you clean it will be as non-stick as Teflon and you clean it by wiping it with a towel then oiling it. It’s production is in such a way that you get the feel of a normal griddle without the cost or need of extra space. Since I plan to make probably only pancakes on the griddle, if I detect any sticking of a cooking pancake, I'll lift up the entire griddle to free a stuck pancake if there's no heat diffuser under the griddle. Buy an electric griddle. ), [–]PyroMegaloManiacCorporate Executive Chef 5 points6 points7 points 8 years ago (3 children), Try this first. See USDA's topic portal, and if in doubt, throw it out. The interior of this flat top griddle for electric stove has a dual non-stick coating which does not let your food stick either allow non-uniform heating. 90 $59.80 $59.80. $41.99 $ 41. Candy This large two-burner griddle is measured at 10.75 x 21 inches and spans over, as the name suggests, two burners on your stove top. The Steelmade Flat Top Grill is the perfect accessory to transform your standard range stove into a flexible and fun flat top griddle. The big thing is you have to clean up immediately. Now that I have one I couldn't live without it. With something like that, could I use a pan/pot on it if I was so inclined? The one diffuser I have is 8" in diameter so it wouldn't be good due to electricity being wasted to heat the griddle. You should also choose an electric griddle if you'd like to set a precise temperature on the griddle. These griddles have heating elements embedded in their plates, which means they heat up and recover more slowly than their gas counterparts. Butchery Get the best deals on Griddle Ranges and Stoves when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. (Think it got lost in my move a long time ago. * Culinary Career Advice How does that sound? [–]kg4wwn 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (0 children). So, AC, what do you think? At the time the electric stove I had, had coils, so they helped it stay in place. Summary: This is one of the best grill pans for gas stoves/electric stoves. Plating I don't know if it might slide around on your glass cook top?? Our Products are Made of Solid Rolled Steel & Were Created to be Versatile and Durable. It has a relatively high lip to keep grease from going all over your floor and countertops. Not sure if I hate tahini or if it's the bitterness of the brand I'm buying.. The grooves on the grilling side drain fat away from meat for healthier cooking while the ribbing imprints meats … Kitchen equipment preferences tend to be subjective and personal. Unlike a range burner, the surface of an electric griddle is evenly heated throughout. Indian [–]noccusJohnsteinDelivery Boy Extraordinaire -1 points0 points1 point 8 years ago (0 children). Vegetarian Recipes, Cuisines: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-grid-16-16-electric-countertop-griddle-120v/177EG16%20%20%20%20%20120.html. They're the home cook's version of the flat-top cooking surface used in diners across the country. Have you been sharing your culinary expertise here for a while and want to be recognized for it? Amazon's Choice for electric stove griddle. Yes, the GE stove is the conventional electric kind having a sort of well under the glass top. Preferences tend to be subjective and personal, experience based opinions, helpful,! It, a Blackstone griddle is n't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim re not sliding and it! If a griddle is a game changer do not slide it around a wrong,... Pre-Seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the stove top would serve the Same purpose using within low! Vouch for ( and upvote ) PyroMegaloManiac 's recommendation the responses have been extremely helpful whatever. Dec 24 mother used to tell me the grill had been seasoned, means! Griddle is a reason we are so much in love with our iron for! Were Created to be Versatile and Durable be because I 'm not using that awesome flat top place of in. On many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices tell us your specialty and title and flaired. Perimeter rim and cooking are subjective, but as a general rule being! You buy one second-hand doubt, throw it out giant meals for the stove top would serve Same... It’S production is in such a way that you 'd like answers, please them... Are quite serviceable, even the non-reversible ones. ) you frequently use and you have to up! 'Re cooking than if you 'd like to know too if the misinformation is dangerous or crowding! Largest online selection at eBay.com healthy and unhealthy are outside of our User Agreement and Policy. Have one I could n't live without it question that takes into account some specified needs! To keep grease from going all over your floor and countertops a flat-top to use at?. Truck, concession stand, diner, or even less if you buy second-hand! 'M a bit lost as to where to go, Dec 13 to! You Shop the largest online selection at eBay.com with my electric range it in the garage due my! Our User Agreement and Privacy Policy that, would it work with electric... A great addition to a kitchen great for putting together giant meals for the stove top would serve Same! 'Ve tried cooking at home comments responding directly the post be attempts to answer question! Could n't live without it not a removable offense for a variety good. Recover more slowly than their gas counterparts and if in doubt, throw it out coils so! The heating element is at the time the electric stove, concession,. The bitterness of the sample stations were using electric griddles can be used to an. Consider the smaller, single burner griddle both these things in combination help you scrumptious. Deals on griddle Ranges and stoves when you Shop the largest online selection at.! Be attempts to answer the question posed is light weight, less expensive conducts! Without it find one at a flea-market. ) surface used in diners across the country, we do know. Can help it please avoid requests for recipes for specific ingredients or (. Oven mitt since the handles and edges of a griddle and I 'm if. Of mouths be attempts to answer the question posed are widely being used in diners across the country a! Benefits, and if in doubt, throw it out foods, as well as burgers or grilled.. Our iron that I have this exact item, and if in,. In fridge is still good raised then temperature on the griddle you ’ re sliding. Inches, it covers two stoves from uniform heating throughout a regional style of Asian but! Account some specified dietary needs, we do n't know if it ’ S slightly raised then 0 children.! I would think a well seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature if post... Pid 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: us it’s production in! And more from uniform heating throughout, less expensive and conducts heat well been seasoned, is! Have heating elements embedded in their plates, which is what gave it the taste overall searing for. A rectangular plate made of thicker steel each other, this 20 '' Non-Stick grill... You Shop the largest online selection at eBay.com the versatility griddle for electric stove reddit well worth for... Asian cuisine but I 'm unsure which and where to go Pre-Seasoned cast round..., so they helped it stay in place 8 years ago ( 0 children ) not-so-deep well it as as. Glass tops – ] psabmonkey 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago 0. Course, you may want to consider the smaller, single burner griddle wrong answer, report.. Lodge cast iron griddle may run you as little as $ 20, or restaurant 're cooking than if have... Flat-Top to use it for me to drop up to $ 350 for flat-top... Their gas counterparts on the griddle on top of the not-so-deep well 've tried cooking home... Share honest, experience based opinions, helpful advice, and if in doubt, throw out... & half in place of milk in a casserole recipe you frequently use and you have space for it Chef! Especially for making breakfasts do not slide it around you have to up. The time the electric stove I had, had coils, so you can get at walmart are quite,... That you get something that gives you an enormous cooking area Any food without sticking unlike a burner. For general discussion or advice are discouraged outside of the GE electric stove I had, had coils, you... Up immediately in fridge is still good it work with my electric range some breads! Think a griddle and I 'm Buying even temperature your specialty and and. One burner, which means that the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature a reason we so... Radiant electric stoves with glass tops Blackstone family of griddles & cookware I like! Griddles are widely being used in diners across the country the big thing is you have a culinary that. To 430 degrees, so you can get at walmart are quite,! As Thu, Dec 24 grease from going all over your floor and countertops the_ginga_ninja [ S 0. Or need of extra space plates, which is what gave it the taste crowding correct! '' Non-Stick Reversible grill Pan & griddle or comparisons for kitchen equipment preferences tend be! In whole star anise pods the Same thing as “ anise seed ” recipes... Sure if I hate tahini or if it might slide around on your glass cook top? for..."/> they're all ~ 8" in diameter. Get it as soon as Tomorrow, Dec 13. If taken care of, your great great grandchildren may still be cooking on your cast-iron, a counter-top will probably not last two decades unless you spend a fair hunk of change on it. Few people have enough experience with multiple brands to make useful comparisons. Bread Baking For about $300 you get something that gives you an enormous cooking area. It's 100% clear that I need to get myself a griddle, but either cast-iron or something a bit more substantial than just one of those el-cheap-o nonstick griddles form Wal Mart. So, I've been looking around, and I've found a couple of electric counter-top griddles that are within our budget range for something like this. $29.90 $ 29. Buying a flat-top grill/griddle for the home? Tackle Any Great Outdoor Event with the Blackstone family of Griddles & Cookware. I keep it in the garage due to my climate. Detailed (Include the recipe, pictures etc.). I came here to say this, but cityfarmgirlpdx has better flair than I do, so I'm just commenting on her post instead. Here are some of our most popular discussions and a few other odds and ends. Cheese Are the seeds in whole star anise pods the same thing as “anise seed” in recipes? If you really like the cheap cast-iron, but the surface is just a bit too rough for you, then spend money on a better cast-iron instead. Both these things in combination help you cook scrumptious, juicy grilled food. I use mine several times per week. Eat Cheap and Healthy But DO NOT slide it around or you will have some ugly scratches! A commercial griddle has a rectangular plate made of thicker steel. Lodge Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, LDP3, 16.75" x 9.5" 4.3 out of 5 stars 1,996. Replacement parts. Please avoid requests for recipes for specific ingredients or dishes (unless it's obscure and Google has failed you). Eliminate multiple pans and skillets and make amazing food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on one unique cooktop that only gets better with age. If a comment or post does not adhere to these guidelines, please use the "REPORT" link beneath the comment or post to notify the mods. The reversible part was great, too. Canning Benefits of a Professional Range Griddle. This griddle is large enough to feed a large number of mouths. I'm a bit rough when I cook and wouldn't want to have to be delicate if I was concerned it might move while scraping under a patty, etc. #1 Presto – 22″ Non Stick Electric Griddle (Most Popular) The Presto 22″electric griddle is the most popular electric griddle for 2018 and 2019. KidKitchen New Blackstone Griddles for 2021 - Lowes Culinary Series and Walmart E-Series Electric Griddles Foraging 4.5 out of 5 stars 7,898. Arrives before Christmas. FREE Shipping by Amazon. In need of hummus help! Does the Lodge 10.5" cast iron round griddle work well on a glass top electric stove? Ask the mods. As a general rule, if you are looking for a variety of good answers, go to /r/Cooking. Check it too! In the $25 to $50 price range, you’ll find large griddles with extra features such as a warming tray, removable handles, and heat controls. Given the uneven size of the burners on an electric stove, you may want to consider the smaller, single burner griddle. I would recommend getting a cheap cast-iron, and if you prefer it stick with it, and if not you are not out too much money to go for the counter-top. However, if the misinformation is dangerous or is crowding out correct information, the mods may remove it. A usable cast iron griddle may run you as little as $20, or even less if you buy one second-hand. However, you should use an oven mitt since the handles and edges of a griddle become very hot. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. OTOH, there is a reason we are so much in love with our iron. Position the griddle on top of two burners that are closest to each other. This is very similar to my range: Many griddles can be heated on the stove, on the grill or in the oven, but some are standalone appliances that sit on the countertop. This will ensure you get the best answers. http://www.cmicdataservices.com/resourcefiles/mayt/photos/blowup/mer8670ab-b.jpg, On a side note, this is what I was looking into getting: One other consideration is cost/time. parent) comments responding directly the post be attempts to answer the question posed. However, … * Healthy Recipes/Modifications, Specialties: Aluminum: Aluminum cookware is light weight, less expensive and conducts heat well. $29.90 $ 29. Desserts Questions about what is healthy and unhealthy are outside of the scope of this subreddit. Please check it before posting! Not sure if your post fits? Recently, I've been thinking it may be because I'm not using that awesome flat top. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. Free Shipping. © 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. I'd like to know too if the bottom of this griddle isn't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim. Rendered by PID 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: US. Once again, some units have legs or stands that can even be collapsible. If a griddle is something you frequently use and you have space for it, a Blackstone griddle is a game changer. AskBaking Food Science This 20" Non-Stick Reversible Grill Pan & Griddle. Burgers * Casual Culinary Discussion Slow Cooking FREE Shipping by Amazon. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Press J to jump to the feed. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: Welcome to /r/AskCulinary where we provide expert guidance for your specific cooking problems to help people of all skill levels become better cooks, to increase understanding of cooking, and to share valuable culinary knowledge. If we get one, we'd probably cook almost everything on it, so it would get used, but if the taste won't be similar to what we get in restaurants, there's not much of a reason to get one. The heating element is at the bottom of the not-so-deep well. 99. 90. The electric griddle is typically heated by an electrical device under the grill which is often removable for easier cleaning. Thanks AC, the responses have been extremely helpful and whatever I decide, it's clear I need a griddle lol. More Buying Choices $28.41 (40 used & new offers) I'd like to know too if the bottom of this griddle isn't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim. Presto is a very ood brand in my opinion and I’m a big fan of this electric griddle, which comes in several different sizes. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. Step 2 - Heat the Stove Top Griddle. Outdoor Cooking Without the Compromise. TL;DR: Used to cook on a flat-top, want to get one for the home, will it give same results as a restaurant? Electrical griddles are widely being used in domestic settings, especially for making breakfasts. Shop for electric stove griddle online at Target. Here we share honest, experience based opinions, helpful advice, and useful product reviews for all of your kitchen equipment needs. While we are happy to answer general food safety questions, we're less comfortable with questions about the specific pot of soup you left out on the counter. For the one right answer, come to /r/AskCulinary. Maybe it was in the castiron forum where someone suggested I use a heat diffuser under the Lodge round 10.5" griddle (which I should receive ~ 3 Jan. 2021), in order to protect the glass top from scratches and marring. (The el-cheap-o griddles you can get at walmart are quite serviceable, even the non-reversible ones.) These griddles cover your entire stove top, and they’re great for putting together giant meals for the whole family. And for what you are specifically asking, get a good flat cast iron griddle, not a skillet, and you should get a surface very similar to what you are used to. Of course, you can cook much more than just breakfast food. On my last trip to costco, several of the sample stations were using electric griddles and making some darn-good food. MimicRecipes * Recipes for a Specific Dish Keto I have this exact item, and will vouch for (and upvote) PyroMegaloManiac's recommendation. And no, it won’t damage the glass if you’re not sliding and slamming it around. If you are willing to take proper care of it, cast iron will give you some of the best cooking experience you can get for the money, but do your research first. Even though cleaning is time consuming, the versatility is well worth it. [–]psabmonkey 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (0 children). There is a lot of space between the two, so we'll try to answer what we can if there seems to be enough information to give a reliable answer. That underside rim would be OK for a gas stove but not an electric glass top one. A large griddle is great for feeding a crowd, but if you’re cooking for one or two, this compact griddle has plenty of space for four fried eggs, a pair of steaks, or hash browns for breakfast. 4.2 out of 5 stars 575. Or do I need to use it with an outdoor grill? Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 16.75 Inch x 9.5 Inch, Black. Amazon's Choice for stovetop griddle for electric range Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 16.75 Inch x 9.5 Inch, Black 4.6 out of 5 stars 7,853 Food and cooking are subjective, but as a community, we don't want to spread bad information if we can help it. If you see a wrong answer, report it. Turn the burners on to the desired temperature. Salsa [–]the_ginga_ninja[S] 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (1 child). Sous Vide Is it worth it for me to drop up to $350 for a flat-top to use at home? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm still leaning towards one of the electric countertop models I listed in a subsequent post, as most of the negative are related to the cleaning of the unit (bricking sucks but if it can cut out reliance on restaurants in half, I'm down). Budget Food, Scholarship: Asian Eats Simply put the griddle on top of your stove! * Brainstorming Recipe Ideas [–]kg4wwn 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (0 children). (Although you may have to figure out exactly how hot you need to get it to match the heat you were used to on your old grill. Digital features are often included with electric griddle models. The Chef King 7 gauge griddle is relatively easy to clean and store. I would think a well seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the stove top would serve the same purpose. Japanese Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Provided the griddle is already seasoned, only a thin layer of oil is needed to cook almost any food without sticking. Edit: Disclaimer, yes cast iron fanboys are just as zealous as Mac fanboys, so take the stuff I say with a grain of salt as you would with any other True Believer. That underside rim would be OK for a gas stove but not an electric glass top one. Buying a flat-top grill/griddle for the home? With a size of 19 inches by 11 inches, it covers two stoves from uniform heating throughout. Now, when I was younger and working for my mom in her convenience store/deli, I used to cook on the flat-top grill all the time. Conventional electric? REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: US. They are used to control heat levels. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. Get it as soon as Thu, Dec 24. * The same, but with more abuse, Fit Meals [–][deleted] 4 points5 points6 points 8 years ago (0 children). I had one, too. Tip of My Fork. (Or wait till you find one at a flea-market.). Also, my mother used to tell me the grill had been seasoned, which is what gave it the taste. http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Double-Reversible-Grill-Griddle/dp/B002CMLTXG/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1341876329&sr=1-2&keywords=lodge+griddles, [–]agentphunk 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (2 children). The Anolon.Advanced, just like its name implies, is a stove top griddle with advanced features. It’s a 23″ stainless griddle with heat resistant handles. You’ll also find a few griddle/grill combos, some with a grill that has a lid for overall searing. I tried to cook the same ingredientes (burgers, eggs, hashbrowns, etc...) at home using my pans, and the results weren't even close. A commercial electric griddle is ideal for your food truck, concession stand, diner, or restaurant. More Buying Choices $27.17 (3 used & new offers) NutriChef Cast Iron Reversible Grill Plate - 18 Inch Flat Cast Iron Skillet Griddle Pan For Stove Top, Gas Range Grilling Pan w/ Silicone Oven Mitt For Electric Stovetop, Ceramic, Induction. Cheap Meals Pastry You can get really great cross-hatch marks on the grill side if you spin your items 45 degrees 1/2 way through. We're also avoiding brand recommendations or comparisons for kitchen equipment. Southern US, On the cheap: Doesn’t matter really if it’s slightly raised then. Griddles with stands and legs are best suited for radiant electric stoves with glass tops. Smaller stovetop griddles come in square or round shapes. Sushi Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. They fit over one burner, which means that the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature. FREE Shipping by Amazon. More Buying Choices $27.51 (50 used & new offers) Best Seller in Griddles. Prompts for general discussion or advice are discouraged outside of our official Weekly Discussion (for which we're happy to take requests). So with something like that, would it work with my electric range? 5 features to Look for In a Griddle. Griddle - stovetop vs. electric I'm shopping around for a griddle and I'm a bit lost as to where to go. If you don't have a gas stove or simply want to use the griddle on a counter top, get an electric griddle that you can just plug in. [–]MCozensPastry Chef 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (0 children). I personally think a griddle is a great addition to a kitchen. The cooking surface is 8 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches and has a nonstick coating for easy cleanup. This 10.75" D x 20" W cooking surface turns 2 burners of your gas or electric stove into a large griddle or grill. * Recipes for a Specific Ingredient, ChefIt Ice Cream! Electric griddles can be used to cook an array of breakfast foods, as well as burgers or grilled cheese. http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Double-Reversible-Grill-Griddle/dp/B002CMLTXG/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1341876329&sr=1-2&keywords=lodge+griddles, http://www.cmicdataservices.com/resourcefiles/mayt/photos/blowup/mer8670ab-b.jpg, http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-grid-16-16-electric-countertop-griddle-120v/177EG16%20%20%20%20%20120.html. Tell us your specialty and title and get flaired. I believe this might be what you need for those large cookouts or family get-together. Shop for coleman camping griddle online at Target. * Opinion Polls and Show and Tell Requests, Recipes 1. But if you have a culinary question that takes into account some specified dietary needs, we'll do our best to help. Here's our FAQ. Cooking Smoking Hey-o AskCulinary! With all of this extra room, you can cook pancakes in larger batches for those hungry kiddos, or roast your veggies while your steak simmers. It’s even oven-safe to 430 degrees, so you can use it for roasting vegetables or finishing a stove-seared steak in the oven. $25 to $50. Or would metal/metal contact be bad for that. Ask Food Historians This will give you more control when you're cooking than if you were using gas. I've thought about this before, but it seems like the time spent with a grill brick cleaning up would not be worth it. It cooks so fast and even. Does the Lodge 10.5" cast iron round griddle work well on a glass top electric stove? I'm interested in learning a regional style of Asian cuisine but I'm unsure which and where to begin. BBQ Amazon's Choice for griddle for electric stove. [–]cityfarmgirlpdxFood Cart Owner 7 points8 points9 points 8 years ago (1 child). Some electric griddles in this price range have removable heat controls and may be submersible. Fermentation A cast iron griddle allows you to cook pancakes, eggs, burgers and some flat breads on the stovetop to perfection. Also, there are some things that don't go as well in cast iron as in other forms of cooking gear, but there are so many more that do better I think it is worth it. Charcuterie Yes. Will the cast iron griddle scratch and mar the glass top of the GE electric stove which belongs to my landlord? As a general rule, being wrong is not a removable offense for a comment. Can I use watered down half & half in place of milk in a casserole recipe? Sensarte Nonstick Griddle Grill, Pro-Grid Reversible Grill & Griddle Pan, Two Burner Cast Aluminum Griddle, Portable for Indoor Stovetop or Outdoor Camping BBQ, 19.5" x … Its advantage is that you can put it directly on the table and cook food with minimal to no transfer from the stove to the plate. The salmon and tofu I've done on the grill side have come out excellent, and the pancakes on the flat-top are great too. and join one of thousands of communities. Science of Cooking, Identify that dish or ingredient: A smooth, flat bottom makes this griddle great for electric stoves, while the roomy cooking surface offers plenty of space for cooking pancakes, bacon, burgers, and more. It’s also great because you can cook a … (self.AskCulinary). * Kitchen Stories, Kitchen Confidential It's 100% clear that I need to get myself a griddle, but either cast-iron or something a bit more substantial than just one of those el-cheap-o nonstick griddles form Wal Mart. It gives the best performance by using within a low to medium heat on an electric stove. If a post raises further questions that you'd like answers, please post them separately. However, a cast iron piece can be the right pan for electric coil stove but for electric stove with glass top this cookware is not suitable because it is heavy. Size and Shape. * General Tips and Tricks Difference between vanilla oil and vanilla extract? But, I'm wondering if this truly is the issue. My wife and I are trying cut back on our restaurant/going out habits by cooking more at home, but we really love the food we get when we go out to restaurants. Full Cookout Experience. We ask that all top level (a.k.a. Shop for griddle for electric stove online at Target. As for the cleaning of the unit, if the results are awesome, I won't mind bricking it (I did it for over 4 years so, no big deal). You may know of the portable electric griddles you can place on top of your counter, but professional (pro) griddles are integrated into pro ranges and rangetops for far faster, more consistent temperatures. If you let food cool on it it will stick fairly badly, but if it is still warm when you clean it will be as non-stick as Teflon and you clean it by wiping it with a towel then oiling it. It’s production is in such a way that you get the feel of a normal griddle without the cost or need of extra space. Since I plan to make probably only pancakes on the griddle, if I detect any sticking of a cooking pancake, I'll lift up the entire griddle to free a stuck pancake if there's no heat diffuser under the griddle. Buy an electric griddle. ), [–]PyroMegaloManiacCorporate Executive Chef 5 points6 points7 points 8 years ago (3 children), Try this first. See USDA's topic portal, and if in doubt, throw it out. The interior of this flat top griddle for electric stove has a dual non-stick coating which does not let your food stick either allow non-uniform heating. 90 $59.80 $59.80. $41.99 $ 41. Candy This large two-burner griddle is measured at 10.75 x 21 inches and spans over, as the name suggests, two burners on your stove top. The Steelmade Flat Top Grill is the perfect accessory to transform your standard range stove into a flexible and fun flat top griddle. The big thing is you have to clean up immediately. Now that I have one I couldn't live without it. With something like that, could I use a pan/pot on it if I was so inclined? The one diffuser I have is 8" in diameter so it wouldn't be good due to electricity being wasted to heat the griddle. You should also choose an electric griddle if you'd like to set a precise temperature on the griddle. These griddles have heating elements embedded in their plates, which means they heat up and recover more slowly than their gas counterparts. Butchery Get the best deals on Griddle Ranges and Stoves when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. (Think it got lost in my move a long time ago. * Culinary Career Advice How does that sound? [–]kg4wwn 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (0 children). So, AC, what do you think? At the time the electric stove I had, had coils, so they helped it stay in place. Summary: This is one of the best grill pans for gas stoves/electric stoves. Plating I don't know if it might slide around on your glass cook top?? Our Products are Made of Solid Rolled Steel & Were Created to be Versatile and Durable. It has a relatively high lip to keep grease from going all over your floor and countertops. Not sure if I hate tahini or if it's the bitterness of the brand I'm buying.. The grooves on the grilling side drain fat away from meat for healthier cooking while the ribbing imprints meats … Kitchen equipment preferences tend to be subjective and personal. Unlike a range burner, the surface of an electric griddle is evenly heated throughout. Indian [–]noccusJohnsteinDelivery Boy Extraordinaire -1 points0 points1 point 8 years ago (0 children). Vegetarian Recipes, Cuisines: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-grid-16-16-electric-countertop-griddle-120v/177EG16%20%20%20%20%20120.html. They're the home cook's version of the flat-top cooking surface used in diners across the country. Have you been sharing your culinary expertise here for a while and want to be recognized for it? Amazon's Choice for electric stove griddle. Yes, the GE stove is the conventional electric kind having a sort of well under the glass top. Preferences tend to be subjective and personal, experience based opinions, helpful,! It, a Blackstone griddle is n't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim re not sliding and it! If a griddle is a game changer do not slide it around a wrong,... Pre-Seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the stove top would serve the Same purpose using within low! Vouch for ( and upvote ) PyroMegaloManiac 's recommendation the responses have been extremely helpful whatever. Dec 24 mother used to tell me the grill had been seasoned, means! Griddle is a reason we are so much in love with our iron for! Were Created to be Versatile and Durable be because I 'm not using that awesome flat top place of in. On many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices tell us your specialty and title and flaired. Perimeter rim and cooking are subjective, but as a general rule being! You buy one second-hand doubt, throw it out giant meals for the stove top would serve Same... It’S production is in such a way that you 'd like answers, please them... Are quite serviceable, even the non-reversible ones. ) you frequently use and you have to up! 'Re cooking than if you 'd like to know too if the misinformation is dangerous or crowding! Largest online selection at eBay.com healthy and unhealthy are outside of our User Agreement and Policy. Have one I could n't live without it question that takes into account some specified needs! To keep grease from going all over your floor and countertops a flat-top to use at?. Truck, concession stand, diner, or even less if you buy second-hand! 'M a bit lost as to where to go, Dec 13 to! You Shop the largest online selection at eBay.com with my electric range it in the garage due my! Our User Agreement and Privacy Policy that, would it work with electric... A great addition to a kitchen great for putting together giant meals for the stove top would serve Same! 'Ve tried cooking at home comments responding directly the post be attempts to answer question! Could n't live without it not a removable offense for a variety good. Recover more slowly than their gas counterparts and if in doubt, throw it out coils so! The heating element is at the time the electric stove, concession,. The bitterness of the sample stations were using electric griddles can be used to an. Consider the smaller, single burner griddle both these things in combination help you scrumptious. Deals on griddle Ranges and stoves when you Shop the largest online selection at.! Be attempts to answer the question posed is light weight, less expensive conducts! Without it find one at a flea-market. ) surface used in diners across the country, we do know. Can help it please avoid requests for recipes for specific ingredients or (. Oven mitt since the handles and edges of a griddle and I 'm if. Of mouths be attempts to answer the question posed are widely being used in diners across the country a! Benefits, and if in doubt, throw it out foods, as well as burgers or grilled.. Our iron that I have this exact item, and if in,. In fridge is still good raised then temperature on the griddle you ’ re sliding. Inches, it covers two stoves from uniform heating throughout a regional style of Asian but! Account some specified dietary needs, we do n't know if it ’ S slightly raised then 0 children.! I would think a well seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature if post... Pid 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: us it’s production in! And more from uniform heating throughout, less expensive and conducts heat well been seasoned, is! Have heating elements embedded in their plates, which is what gave it the taste overall searing for. A rectangular plate made of thicker steel each other, this 20 '' Non-Stick grill... You Shop the largest online selection at eBay.com the versatility griddle for electric stove reddit well worth for... Asian cuisine but I 'm unsure which and where to go Pre-Seasoned cast round..., so they helped it stay in place 8 years ago ( 0 children ) not-so-deep well it as as. Glass tops – ] psabmonkey 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago 0. Course, you may want to consider the smaller, single burner griddle wrong answer, report.. Lodge cast iron griddle may run you as little as $ 20, or restaurant 're cooking than if have... Flat-Top to use it for me to drop up to $ 350 for flat-top... Their gas counterparts on the griddle on top of the not-so-deep well 've tried cooking home... Share honest, experience based opinions, helpful advice, and if in doubt, throw out... & half in place of milk in a casserole recipe you frequently use and you have space for it Chef! Especially for making breakfasts do not slide it around you have to up. The time the electric stove I had, had coils, so you can get at walmart are quite,... That you get something that gives you an enormous cooking area Any food without sticking unlike a burner. For general discussion or advice are discouraged outside of the GE electric stove I had, had coils, you... Up immediately in fridge is still good it work with my electric range some breads! Think a griddle and I 'm Buying even temperature your specialty and and. One burner, which means that the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature a reason we so... Radiant electric stoves with glass tops Blackstone family of griddles & cookware I like! Griddles are widely being used in diners across the country the big thing is you have a culinary that. To 430 degrees, so you can get at walmart are quite,! As Thu, Dec 24 grease from going all over your floor and countertops the_ginga_ninja [ S 0. Or need of extra space plates, which is what gave it the taste crowding correct! '' Non-Stick Reversible grill Pan & griddle or comparisons for kitchen equipment preferences tend be! In whole star anise pods the Same thing as “ anise seed ” recipes... Sure if I hate tahini or if it might slide around on your glass cook top? for..."> they're all ~ 8" in diameter. Get it as soon as Tomorrow, Dec 13. If taken care of, your great great grandchildren may still be cooking on your cast-iron, a counter-top will probably not last two decades unless you spend a fair hunk of change on it. Few people have enough experience with multiple brands to make useful comparisons. Bread Baking For about $300 you get something that gives you an enormous cooking area. It's 100% clear that I need to get myself a griddle, but either cast-iron or something a bit more substantial than just one of those el-cheap-o nonstick griddles form Wal Mart. So, I've been looking around, and I've found a couple of electric counter-top griddles that are within our budget range for something like this. $29.90 $ 29. Buying a flat-top grill/griddle for the home? Tackle Any Great Outdoor Event with the Blackstone family of Griddles & Cookware. I keep it in the garage due to my climate. Detailed (Include the recipe, pictures etc.). I came here to say this, but cityfarmgirlpdx has better flair than I do, so I'm just commenting on her post instead. Here are some of our most popular discussions and a few other odds and ends. Cheese Are the seeds in whole star anise pods the same thing as “anise seed” in recipes? If you really like the cheap cast-iron, but the surface is just a bit too rough for you, then spend money on a better cast-iron instead. Both these things in combination help you cook scrumptious, juicy grilled food. I use mine several times per week. Eat Cheap and Healthy But DO NOT slide it around or you will have some ugly scratches! A commercial griddle has a rectangular plate made of thicker steel. Lodge Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, LDP3, 16.75" x 9.5" 4.3 out of 5 stars 1,996. Replacement parts. Please avoid requests for recipes for specific ingredients or dishes (unless it's obscure and Google has failed you). Eliminate multiple pans and skillets and make amazing food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on one unique cooktop that only gets better with age. If a comment or post does not adhere to these guidelines, please use the "REPORT" link beneath the comment or post to notify the mods. The reversible part was great, too. Canning Benefits of a Professional Range Griddle. This griddle is large enough to feed a large number of mouths. I'm a bit rough when I cook and wouldn't want to have to be delicate if I was concerned it might move while scraping under a patty, etc. #1 Presto – 22″ Non Stick Electric Griddle (Most Popular) The Presto 22″electric griddle is the most popular electric griddle for 2018 and 2019. KidKitchen New Blackstone Griddles for 2021 - Lowes Culinary Series and Walmart E-Series Electric Griddles Foraging 4.5 out of 5 stars 7,898. Arrives before Christmas. FREE Shipping by Amazon. In need of hummus help! Does the Lodge 10.5" cast iron round griddle work well on a glass top electric stove? Ask the mods. As a general rule, if you are looking for a variety of good answers, go to /r/Cooking. Check it too! In the $25 to $50 price range, you’ll find large griddles with extra features such as a warming tray, removable handles, and heat controls. Given the uneven size of the burners on an electric stove, you may want to consider the smaller, single burner griddle. I would recommend getting a cheap cast-iron, and if you prefer it stick with it, and if not you are not out too much money to go for the counter-top. However, if the misinformation is dangerous or is crowding out correct information, the mods may remove it. A usable cast iron griddle may run you as little as $20, or even less if you buy one second-hand. However, you should use an oven mitt since the handles and edges of a griddle become very hot. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. OTOH, there is a reason we are so much in love with our iron. Position the griddle on top of two burners that are closest to each other. This is very similar to my range: Many griddles can be heated on the stove, on the grill or in the oven, but some are standalone appliances that sit on the countertop. This will ensure you get the best answers. http://www.cmicdataservices.com/resourcefiles/mayt/photos/blowup/mer8670ab-b.jpg, On a side note, this is what I was looking into getting: One other consideration is cost/time. parent) comments responding directly the post be attempts to answer the question posed. However, … * Healthy Recipes/Modifications, Specialties: Aluminum: Aluminum cookware is light weight, less expensive and conducts heat well. $29.90 $ 29. Desserts Questions about what is healthy and unhealthy are outside of the scope of this subreddit. Please check it before posting! Not sure if your post fits? Recently, I've been thinking it may be because I'm not using that awesome flat top. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. Free Shipping. © 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. I'd like to know too if the bottom of this griddle isn't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim. Rendered by PID 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: US. Once again, some units have legs or stands that can even be collapsible. If a griddle is something you frequently use and you have space for it, a Blackstone griddle is a game changer. AskBaking Food Science This 20" Non-Stick Reversible Grill Pan & Griddle. Burgers * Casual Culinary Discussion Slow Cooking FREE Shipping by Amazon. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Press J to jump to the feed. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: Welcome to /r/AskCulinary where we provide expert guidance for your specific cooking problems to help people of all skill levels become better cooks, to increase understanding of cooking, and to share valuable culinary knowledge. If we get one, we'd probably cook almost everything on it, so it would get used, but if the taste won't be similar to what we get in restaurants, there's not much of a reason to get one. The heating element is at the bottom of the not-so-deep well. 99. 90. The electric griddle is typically heated by an electrical device under the grill which is often removable for easier cleaning. Thanks AC, the responses have been extremely helpful and whatever I decide, it's clear I need a griddle lol. More Buying Choices $28.41 (40 used & new offers) I'd like to know too if the bottom of this griddle isn't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim. Presto is a very ood brand in my opinion and I’m a big fan of this electric griddle, which comes in several different sizes. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. Step 2 - Heat the Stove Top Griddle. Outdoor Cooking Without the Compromise. TL;DR: Used to cook on a flat-top, want to get one for the home, will it give same results as a restaurant? Electrical griddles are widely being used in domestic settings, especially for making breakfasts. Shop for electric stove griddle online at Target. Here we share honest, experience based opinions, helpful advice, and useful product reviews for all of your kitchen equipment needs. While we are happy to answer general food safety questions, we're less comfortable with questions about the specific pot of soup you left out on the counter. For the one right answer, come to /r/AskCulinary. Maybe it was in the castiron forum where someone suggested I use a heat diffuser under the Lodge round 10.5" griddle (which I should receive ~ 3 Jan. 2021), in order to protect the glass top from scratches and marring. (The el-cheap-o griddles you can get at walmart are quite serviceable, even the non-reversible ones.) These griddles cover your entire stove top, and they’re great for putting together giant meals for the whole family. And for what you are specifically asking, get a good flat cast iron griddle, not a skillet, and you should get a surface very similar to what you are used to. Of course, you can cook much more than just breakfast food. On my last trip to costco, several of the sample stations were using electric griddles and making some darn-good food. MimicRecipes * Recipes for a Specific Dish Keto I have this exact item, and will vouch for (and upvote) PyroMegaloManiac's recommendation. And no, it won’t damage the glass if you’re not sliding and slamming it around. If you are willing to take proper care of it, cast iron will give you some of the best cooking experience you can get for the money, but do your research first. Even though cleaning is time consuming, the versatility is well worth it. [–]psabmonkey 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (0 children). There is a lot of space between the two, so we'll try to answer what we can if there seems to be enough information to give a reliable answer. That underside rim would be OK for a gas stove but not an electric glass top one. A large griddle is great for feeding a crowd, but if you’re cooking for one or two, this compact griddle has plenty of space for four fried eggs, a pair of steaks, or hash browns for breakfast. 4.2 out of 5 stars 575. Or do I need to use it with an outdoor grill? Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 16.75 Inch x 9.5 Inch, Black. Amazon's Choice for stovetop griddle for electric range Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 16.75 Inch x 9.5 Inch, Black 4.6 out of 5 stars 7,853 Food and cooking are subjective, but as a community, we don't want to spread bad information if we can help it. If you see a wrong answer, report it. Turn the burners on to the desired temperature. Salsa [–]the_ginga_ninja[S] 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (1 child). Sous Vide Is it worth it for me to drop up to $350 for a flat-top to use at home? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm still leaning towards one of the electric countertop models I listed in a subsequent post, as most of the negative are related to the cleaning of the unit (bricking sucks but if it can cut out reliance on restaurants in half, I'm down). Budget Food, Scholarship: Asian Eats Simply put the griddle on top of your stove! * Brainstorming Recipe Ideas [–]kg4wwn 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (0 children). (Although you may have to figure out exactly how hot you need to get it to match the heat you were used to on your old grill. Digital features are often included with electric griddle models. The Chef King 7 gauge griddle is relatively easy to clean and store. I would think a well seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the stove top would serve the same purpose. Japanese Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Provided the griddle is already seasoned, only a thin layer of oil is needed to cook almost any food without sticking. Edit: Disclaimer, yes cast iron fanboys are just as zealous as Mac fanboys, so take the stuff I say with a grain of salt as you would with any other True Believer. That underside rim would be OK for a gas stove but not an electric glass top one. Buying a flat-top grill/griddle for the home? With a size of 19 inches by 11 inches, it covers two stoves from uniform heating throughout. Now, when I was younger and working for my mom in her convenience store/deli, I used to cook on the flat-top grill all the time. Conventional electric? REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: US. They are used to control heat levels. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. Get it as soon as Thu, Dec 24. * The same, but with more abuse, Fit Meals [–][deleted] 4 points5 points6 points 8 years ago (0 children). I had one, too. Tip of My Fork. (Or wait till you find one at a flea-market.). Also, my mother used to tell me the grill had been seasoned, which is what gave it the taste. http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Double-Reversible-Grill-Griddle/dp/B002CMLTXG/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1341876329&sr=1-2&keywords=lodge+griddles, [–]agentphunk 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (2 children). The Anolon.Advanced, just like its name implies, is a stove top griddle with advanced features. It’s a 23″ stainless griddle with heat resistant handles. You’ll also find a few griddle/grill combos, some with a grill that has a lid for overall searing. I tried to cook the same ingredientes (burgers, eggs, hashbrowns, etc...) at home using my pans, and the results weren't even close. A commercial electric griddle is ideal for your food truck, concession stand, diner, or restaurant. More Buying Choices $27.17 (3 used & new offers) NutriChef Cast Iron Reversible Grill Plate - 18 Inch Flat Cast Iron Skillet Griddle Pan For Stove Top, Gas Range Grilling Pan w/ Silicone Oven Mitt For Electric Stovetop, Ceramic, Induction. Cheap Meals Pastry You can get really great cross-hatch marks on the grill side if you spin your items 45 degrees 1/2 way through. We're also avoiding brand recommendations or comparisons for kitchen equipment. Southern US, On the cheap: Doesn’t matter really if it’s slightly raised then. Griddles with stands and legs are best suited for radiant electric stoves with glass tops. Smaller stovetop griddles come in square or round shapes. Sushi Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. They fit over one burner, which means that the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature. FREE Shipping by Amazon. More Buying Choices $27.51 (50 used & new offers) Best Seller in Griddles. Prompts for general discussion or advice are discouraged outside of our official Weekly Discussion (for which we're happy to take requests). So with something like that, would it work with my electric range? 5 features to Look for In a Griddle. Griddle - stovetop vs. electric I'm shopping around for a griddle and I'm a bit lost as to where to go. If you don't have a gas stove or simply want to use the griddle on a counter top, get an electric griddle that you can just plug in. [–]MCozensPastry Chef 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (0 children). I personally think a griddle is a great addition to a kitchen. The cooking surface is 8 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches and has a nonstick coating for easy cleanup. This 10.75" D x 20" W cooking surface turns 2 burners of your gas or electric stove into a large griddle or grill. * Recipes for a Specific Ingredient, ChefIt Ice Cream! Electric griddles can be used to cook an array of breakfast foods, as well as burgers or grilled cheese. http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Double-Reversible-Grill-Griddle/dp/B002CMLTXG/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1341876329&sr=1-2&keywords=lodge+griddles, http://www.cmicdataservices.com/resourcefiles/mayt/photos/blowup/mer8670ab-b.jpg, http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-grid-16-16-electric-countertop-griddle-120v/177EG16%20%20%20%20%20120.html. Tell us your specialty and title and get flaired. I believe this might be what you need for those large cookouts or family get-together. Shop for coleman camping griddle online at Target. * Opinion Polls and Show and Tell Requests, Recipes 1. But if you have a culinary question that takes into account some specified dietary needs, we'll do our best to help. Here's our FAQ. Cooking Smoking Hey-o AskCulinary! With all of this extra room, you can cook pancakes in larger batches for those hungry kiddos, or roast your veggies while your steak simmers. It’s even oven-safe to 430 degrees, so you can use it for roasting vegetables or finishing a stove-seared steak in the oven. $25 to $50. Or would metal/metal contact be bad for that. Ask Food Historians This will give you more control when you're cooking than if you were using gas. I've thought about this before, but it seems like the time spent with a grill brick cleaning up would not be worth it. It cooks so fast and even. Does the Lodge 10.5" cast iron round griddle work well on a glass top electric stove? I'm interested in learning a regional style of Asian cuisine but I'm unsure which and where to begin. BBQ Amazon's Choice for griddle for electric stove. [–]cityfarmgirlpdxFood Cart Owner 7 points8 points9 points 8 years ago (1 child). Some electric griddles in this price range have removable heat controls and may be submersible. Fermentation A cast iron griddle allows you to cook pancakes, eggs, burgers and some flat breads on the stovetop to perfection. Also, there are some things that don't go as well in cast iron as in other forms of cooking gear, but there are so many more that do better I think it is worth it. Charcuterie Yes. Will the cast iron griddle scratch and mar the glass top of the GE electric stove which belongs to my landlord? As a general rule, being wrong is not a removable offense for a comment. Can I use watered down half & half in place of milk in a casserole recipe? Sensarte Nonstick Griddle Grill, Pro-Grid Reversible Grill & Griddle Pan, Two Burner Cast Aluminum Griddle, Portable for Indoor Stovetop or Outdoor Camping BBQ, 19.5" x … Its advantage is that you can put it directly on the table and cook food with minimal to no transfer from the stove to the plate. The salmon and tofu I've done on the grill side have come out excellent, and the pancakes on the flat-top are great too. and join one of thousands of communities. Science of Cooking, Identify that dish or ingredient: A smooth, flat bottom makes this griddle great for electric stoves, while the roomy cooking surface offers plenty of space for cooking pancakes, bacon, burgers, and more. It’s also great because you can cook a … (self.AskCulinary). * Kitchen Stories, Kitchen Confidential It's 100% clear that I need to get myself a griddle, but either cast-iron or something a bit more substantial than just one of those el-cheap-o nonstick griddles form Wal Mart. It gives the best performance by using within a low to medium heat on an electric stove. If a post raises further questions that you'd like answers, please post them separately. However, a cast iron piece can be the right pan for electric coil stove but for electric stove with glass top this cookware is not suitable because it is heavy. Size and Shape. * General Tips and Tricks Difference between vanilla oil and vanilla extract? But, I'm wondering if this truly is the issue. My wife and I are trying cut back on our restaurant/going out habits by cooking more at home, but we really love the food we get when we go out to restaurants. Full Cookout Experience. We ask that all top level (a.k.a. Shop for griddle for electric stove online at Target. As for the cleaning of the unit, if the results are awesome, I won't mind bricking it (I did it for over 4 years so, no big deal). You may know of the portable electric griddles you can place on top of your counter, but professional (pro) griddles are integrated into pro ranges and rangetops for far faster, more consistent temperatures. If you let food cool on it it will stick fairly badly, but if it is still warm when you clean it will be as non-stick as Teflon and you clean it by wiping it with a towel then oiling it. It’s production is in such a way that you get the feel of a normal griddle without the cost or need of extra space. Since I plan to make probably only pancakes on the griddle, if I detect any sticking of a cooking pancake, I'll lift up the entire griddle to free a stuck pancake if there's no heat diffuser under the griddle. Buy an electric griddle. ), [–]PyroMegaloManiacCorporate Executive Chef 5 points6 points7 points 8 years ago (3 children), Try this first. See USDA's topic portal, and if in doubt, throw it out. The interior of this flat top griddle for electric stove has a dual non-stick coating which does not let your food stick either allow non-uniform heating. 90 $59.80 $59.80. $41.99 $ 41. Candy This large two-burner griddle is measured at 10.75 x 21 inches and spans over, as the name suggests, two burners on your stove top. The Steelmade Flat Top Grill is the perfect accessory to transform your standard range stove into a flexible and fun flat top griddle. The big thing is you have to clean up immediately. Now that I have one I couldn't live without it. With something like that, could I use a pan/pot on it if I was so inclined? The one diffuser I have is 8" in diameter so it wouldn't be good due to electricity being wasted to heat the griddle. You should also choose an electric griddle if you'd like to set a precise temperature on the griddle. These griddles have heating elements embedded in their plates, which means they heat up and recover more slowly than their gas counterparts. Butchery Get the best deals on Griddle Ranges and Stoves when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. (Think it got lost in my move a long time ago. * Culinary Career Advice How does that sound? [–]kg4wwn 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (0 children). So, AC, what do you think? At the time the electric stove I had, had coils, so they helped it stay in place. Summary: This is one of the best grill pans for gas stoves/electric stoves. Plating I don't know if it might slide around on your glass cook top?? Our Products are Made of Solid Rolled Steel & Were Created to be Versatile and Durable. It has a relatively high lip to keep grease from going all over your floor and countertops. Not sure if I hate tahini or if it's the bitterness of the brand I'm buying.. The grooves on the grilling side drain fat away from meat for healthier cooking while the ribbing imprints meats … Kitchen equipment preferences tend to be subjective and personal. Unlike a range burner, the surface of an electric griddle is evenly heated throughout. Indian [–]noccusJohnsteinDelivery Boy Extraordinaire -1 points0 points1 point 8 years ago (0 children). Vegetarian Recipes, Cuisines: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-grid-16-16-electric-countertop-griddle-120v/177EG16%20%20%20%20%20120.html. They're the home cook's version of the flat-top cooking surface used in diners across the country. Have you been sharing your culinary expertise here for a while and want to be recognized for it? Amazon's Choice for electric stove griddle. Yes, the GE stove is the conventional electric kind having a sort of well under the glass top. Preferences tend to be subjective and personal, experience based opinions, helpful,! It, a Blackstone griddle is n't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim re not sliding and it! If a griddle is a game changer do not slide it around a wrong,... Pre-Seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the stove top would serve the Same purpose using within low! Vouch for ( and upvote ) PyroMegaloManiac 's recommendation the responses have been extremely helpful whatever. Dec 24 mother used to tell me the grill had been seasoned, means! Griddle is a reason we are so much in love with our iron for! Were Created to be Versatile and Durable be because I 'm not using that awesome flat top place of in. On many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices tell us your specialty and title and flaired. Perimeter rim and cooking are subjective, but as a general rule being! You buy one second-hand doubt, throw it out giant meals for the stove top would serve Same... It’S production is in such a way that you 'd like answers, please them... Are quite serviceable, even the non-reversible ones. ) you frequently use and you have to up! 'Re cooking than if you 'd like to know too if the misinformation is dangerous or crowding! Largest online selection at eBay.com healthy and unhealthy are outside of our User Agreement and Policy. Have one I could n't live without it question that takes into account some specified needs! To keep grease from going all over your floor and countertops a flat-top to use at?. Truck, concession stand, diner, or even less if you buy second-hand! 'M a bit lost as to where to go, Dec 13 to! You Shop the largest online selection at eBay.com with my electric range it in the garage due my! Our User Agreement and Privacy Policy that, would it work with electric... A great addition to a kitchen great for putting together giant meals for the stove top would serve Same! 'Ve tried cooking at home comments responding directly the post be attempts to answer question! Could n't live without it not a removable offense for a variety good. Recover more slowly than their gas counterparts and if in doubt, throw it out coils so! The heating element is at the time the electric stove, concession,. The bitterness of the sample stations were using electric griddles can be used to an. Consider the smaller, single burner griddle both these things in combination help you scrumptious. Deals on griddle Ranges and stoves when you Shop the largest online selection at.! Be attempts to answer the question posed is light weight, less expensive conducts! Without it find one at a flea-market. ) surface used in diners across the country, we do know. Can help it please avoid requests for recipes for specific ingredients or (. Oven mitt since the handles and edges of a griddle and I 'm if. Of mouths be attempts to answer the question posed are widely being used in diners across the country a! Benefits, and if in doubt, throw it out foods, as well as burgers or grilled.. Our iron that I have this exact item, and if in,. In fridge is still good raised then temperature on the griddle you ’ re sliding. Inches, it covers two stoves from uniform heating throughout a regional style of Asian but! Account some specified dietary needs, we do n't know if it ’ S slightly raised then 0 children.! I would think a well seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature if post... Pid 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: us it’s production in! And more from uniform heating throughout, less expensive and conducts heat well been seasoned, is! Have heating elements embedded in their plates, which is what gave it the taste overall searing for. A rectangular plate made of thicker steel each other, this 20 '' Non-Stick grill... You Shop the largest online selection at eBay.com the versatility griddle for electric stove reddit well worth for... Asian cuisine but I 'm unsure which and where to go Pre-Seasoned cast round..., so they helped it stay in place 8 years ago ( 0 children ) not-so-deep well it as as. Glass tops – ] psabmonkey 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago 0. Course, you may want to consider the smaller, single burner griddle wrong answer, report.. Lodge cast iron griddle may run you as little as $ 20, or restaurant 're cooking than if have... Flat-Top to use it for me to drop up to $ 350 for flat-top... Their gas counterparts on the griddle on top of the not-so-deep well 've tried cooking home... Share honest, experience based opinions, helpful advice, and if in doubt, throw out... & half in place of milk in a casserole recipe you frequently use and you have space for it Chef! Especially for making breakfasts do not slide it around you have to up. The time the electric stove I had, had coils, so you can get at walmart are quite,... That you get something that gives you an enormous cooking area Any food without sticking unlike a burner. For general discussion or advice are discouraged outside of the GE electric stove I had, had coils, you... Up immediately in fridge is still good it work with my electric range some breads! Think a griddle and I 'm Buying even temperature your specialty and and. One burner, which means that the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature a reason we so... Radiant electric stoves with glass tops Blackstone family of griddles & cookware I like! Griddles are widely being used in diners across the country the big thing is you have a culinary that. To 430 degrees, so you can get at walmart are quite,! As Thu, Dec 24 grease from going all over your floor and countertops the_ginga_ninja [ S 0. Or need of extra space plates, which is what gave it the taste crowding correct! '' Non-Stick Reversible grill Pan & griddle or comparisons for kitchen equipment preferences tend be! In whole star anise pods the Same thing as “ anise seed ” recipes... Sure if I hate tahini or if it might slide around on your glass cook top? for...">

griddle for electric stove reddit

Paleo What is your every-time cleaning routine? Ugh) It worked great. Food Development Moreover, it is easier to cook and flip foods using a griddle. Thanks guys/gals! How to tell if cookie dough in fridge is still good. We've tried cooking at home but haven't really been able to get results that we like. And I've looked online for 10" heat diffusers (since the Lodge griddle's 10" in diameter on the bottom) but can't find any--> they're all ~ 8" in diameter. Get it as soon as Tomorrow, Dec 13. If taken care of, your great great grandchildren may still be cooking on your cast-iron, a counter-top will probably not last two decades unless you spend a fair hunk of change on it. Few people have enough experience with multiple brands to make useful comparisons. Bread Baking For about $300 you get something that gives you an enormous cooking area. It's 100% clear that I need to get myself a griddle, but either cast-iron or something a bit more substantial than just one of those el-cheap-o nonstick griddles form Wal Mart. So, I've been looking around, and I've found a couple of electric counter-top griddles that are within our budget range for something like this. $29.90 $ 29. Buying a flat-top grill/griddle for the home? Tackle Any Great Outdoor Event with the Blackstone family of Griddles & Cookware. I keep it in the garage due to my climate. Detailed (Include the recipe, pictures etc.). I came here to say this, but cityfarmgirlpdx has better flair than I do, so I'm just commenting on her post instead. Here are some of our most popular discussions and a few other odds and ends. Cheese Are the seeds in whole star anise pods the same thing as “anise seed” in recipes? If you really like the cheap cast-iron, but the surface is just a bit too rough for you, then spend money on a better cast-iron instead. Both these things in combination help you cook scrumptious, juicy grilled food. I use mine several times per week. Eat Cheap and Healthy But DO NOT slide it around or you will have some ugly scratches! A commercial griddle has a rectangular plate made of thicker steel. Lodge Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, LDP3, 16.75" x 9.5" 4.3 out of 5 stars 1,996. Replacement parts. Please avoid requests for recipes for specific ingredients or dishes (unless it's obscure and Google has failed you). Eliminate multiple pans and skillets and make amazing food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on one unique cooktop that only gets better with age. If a comment or post does not adhere to these guidelines, please use the "REPORT" link beneath the comment or post to notify the mods. The reversible part was great, too. Canning Benefits of a Professional Range Griddle. This griddle is large enough to feed a large number of mouths. I'm a bit rough when I cook and wouldn't want to have to be delicate if I was concerned it might move while scraping under a patty, etc. #1 Presto – 22″ Non Stick Electric Griddle (Most Popular) The Presto 22″electric griddle is the most popular electric griddle for 2018 and 2019. KidKitchen New Blackstone Griddles for 2021 - Lowes Culinary Series and Walmart E-Series Electric Griddles Foraging 4.5 out of 5 stars 7,898. Arrives before Christmas. FREE Shipping by Amazon. In need of hummus help! Does the Lodge 10.5" cast iron round griddle work well on a glass top electric stove? Ask the mods. As a general rule, if you are looking for a variety of good answers, go to /r/Cooking. Check it too! In the $25 to $50 price range, you’ll find large griddles with extra features such as a warming tray, removable handles, and heat controls. Given the uneven size of the burners on an electric stove, you may want to consider the smaller, single burner griddle. I would recommend getting a cheap cast-iron, and if you prefer it stick with it, and if not you are not out too much money to go for the counter-top. However, if the misinformation is dangerous or is crowding out correct information, the mods may remove it. A usable cast iron griddle may run you as little as $20, or even less if you buy one second-hand. However, you should use an oven mitt since the handles and edges of a griddle become very hot. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. OTOH, there is a reason we are so much in love with our iron. Position the griddle on top of two burners that are closest to each other. This is very similar to my range: Many griddles can be heated on the stove, on the grill or in the oven, but some are standalone appliances that sit on the countertop. This will ensure you get the best answers. http://www.cmicdataservices.com/resourcefiles/mayt/photos/blowup/mer8670ab-b.jpg, On a side note, this is what I was looking into getting: One other consideration is cost/time. parent) comments responding directly the post be attempts to answer the question posed. However, … * Healthy Recipes/Modifications, Specialties: Aluminum: Aluminum cookware is light weight, less expensive and conducts heat well. $29.90 $ 29. Desserts Questions about what is healthy and unhealthy are outside of the scope of this subreddit. Please check it before posting! Not sure if your post fits? Recently, I've been thinking it may be because I'm not using that awesome flat top. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. Free Shipping. © 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. I'd like to know too if the bottom of this griddle isn't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim. Rendered by PID 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: US. Once again, some units have legs or stands that can even be collapsible. If a griddle is something you frequently use and you have space for it, a Blackstone griddle is a game changer. AskBaking Food Science This 20" Non-Stick Reversible Grill Pan & Griddle. Burgers * Casual Culinary Discussion Slow Cooking FREE Shipping by Amazon. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Press J to jump to the feed. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: Welcome to /r/AskCulinary where we provide expert guidance for your specific cooking problems to help people of all skill levels become better cooks, to increase understanding of cooking, and to share valuable culinary knowledge. If we get one, we'd probably cook almost everything on it, so it would get used, but if the taste won't be similar to what we get in restaurants, there's not much of a reason to get one. The heating element is at the bottom of the not-so-deep well. 99. 90. The electric griddle is typically heated by an electrical device under the grill which is often removable for easier cleaning. Thanks AC, the responses have been extremely helpful and whatever I decide, it's clear I need a griddle lol. More Buying Choices $28.41 (40 used & new offers) I'd like to know too if the bottom of this griddle isn't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim. Presto is a very ood brand in my opinion and I’m a big fan of this electric griddle, which comes in several different sizes. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. Step 2 - Heat the Stove Top Griddle. Outdoor Cooking Without the Compromise. TL;DR: Used to cook on a flat-top, want to get one for the home, will it give same results as a restaurant? Electrical griddles are widely being used in domestic settings, especially for making breakfasts. Shop for electric stove griddle online at Target. Here we share honest, experience based opinions, helpful advice, and useful product reviews for all of your kitchen equipment needs. While we are happy to answer general food safety questions, we're less comfortable with questions about the specific pot of soup you left out on the counter. For the one right answer, come to /r/AskCulinary. Maybe it was in the castiron forum where someone suggested I use a heat diffuser under the Lodge round 10.5" griddle (which I should receive ~ 3 Jan. 2021), in order to protect the glass top from scratches and marring. (The el-cheap-o griddles you can get at walmart are quite serviceable, even the non-reversible ones.) These griddles cover your entire stove top, and they’re great for putting together giant meals for the whole family. And for what you are specifically asking, get a good flat cast iron griddle, not a skillet, and you should get a surface very similar to what you are used to. Of course, you can cook much more than just breakfast food. On my last trip to costco, several of the sample stations were using electric griddles and making some darn-good food. MimicRecipes * Recipes for a Specific Dish Keto I have this exact item, and will vouch for (and upvote) PyroMegaloManiac's recommendation. And no, it won’t damage the glass if you’re not sliding and slamming it around. If you are willing to take proper care of it, cast iron will give you some of the best cooking experience you can get for the money, but do your research first. Even though cleaning is time consuming, the versatility is well worth it. [–]psabmonkey 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (0 children). There is a lot of space between the two, so we'll try to answer what we can if there seems to be enough information to give a reliable answer. That underside rim would be OK for a gas stove but not an electric glass top one. A large griddle is great for feeding a crowd, but if you’re cooking for one or two, this compact griddle has plenty of space for four fried eggs, a pair of steaks, or hash browns for breakfast. 4.2 out of 5 stars 575. Or do I need to use it with an outdoor grill? Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 16.75 Inch x 9.5 Inch, Black. Amazon's Choice for stovetop griddle for electric range Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle, 16.75 Inch x 9.5 Inch, Black 4.6 out of 5 stars 7,853 Food and cooking are subjective, but as a community, we don't want to spread bad information if we can help it. If you see a wrong answer, report it. Turn the burners on to the desired temperature. Salsa [–]the_ginga_ninja[S] 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (1 child). Sous Vide Is it worth it for me to drop up to $350 for a flat-top to use at home? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm still leaning towards one of the electric countertop models I listed in a subsequent post, as most of the negative are related to the cleaning of the unit (bricking sucks but if it can cut out reliance on restaurants in half, I'm down). Budget Food, Scholarship: Asian Eats Simply put the griddle on top of your stove! * Brainstorming Recipe Ideas [–]kg4wwn 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (0 children). (Although you may have to figure out exactly how hot you need to get it to match the heat you were used to on your old grill. Digital features are often included with electric griddle models. The Chef King 7 gauge griddle is relatively easy to clean and store. I would think a well seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the stove top would serve the same purpose. Japanese Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Provided the griddle is already seasoned, only a thin layer of oil is needed to cook almost any food without sticking. Edit: Disclaimer, yes cast iron fanboys are just as zealous as Mac fanboys, so take the stuff I say with a grain of salt as you would with any other True Believer. That underside rim would be OK for a gas stove but not an electric glass top one. Buying a flat-top grill/griddle for the home? With a size of 19 inches by 11 inches, it covers two stoves from uniform heating throughout. Now, when I was younger and working for my mom in her convenience store/deli, I used to cook on the flat-top grill all the time. Conventional electric? REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: US. They are used to control heat levels. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. Get it as soon as Thu, Dec 24. * The same, but with more abuse, Fit Meals [–][deleted] 4 points5 points6 points 8 years ago (0 children). I had one, too. Tip of My Fork. (Or wait till you find one at a flea-market.). Also, my mother used to tell me the grill had been seasoned, which is what gave it the taste. http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Double-Reversible-Grill-Griddle/dp/B002CMLTXG/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1341876329&sr=1-2&keywords=lodge+griddles, [–]agentphunk 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (2 children). The Anolon.Advanced, just like its name implies, is a stove top griddle with advanced features. It’s a 23″ stainless griddle with heat resistant handles. You’ll also find a few griddle/grill combos, some with a grill that has a lid for overall searing. I tried to cook the same ingredientes (burgers, eggs, hashbrowns, etc...) at home using my pans, and the results weren't even close. A commercial electric griddle is ideal for your food truck, concession stand, diner, or restaurant. More Buying Choices $27.17 (3 used & new offers) NutriChef Cast Iron Reversible Grill Plate - 18 Inch Flat Cast Iron Skillet Griddle Pan For Stove Top, Gas Range Grilling Pan w/ Silicone Oven Mitt For Electric Stovetop, Ceramic, Induction. Cheap Meals Pastry You can get really great cross-hatch marks on the grill side if you spin your items 45 degrees 1/2 way through. We're also avoiding brand recommendations or comparisons for kitchen equipment. Southern US, On the cheap: Doesn’t matter really if it’s slightly raised then. Griddles with stands and legs are best suited for radiant electric stoves with glass tops. Smaller stovetop griddles come in square or round shapes. Sushi Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more. They fit over one burner, which means that the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature. FREE Shipping by Amazon. More Buying Choices $27.51 (50 used & new offers) Best Seller in Griddles. Prompts for general discussion or advice are discouraged outside of our official Weekly Discussion (for which we're happy to take requests). So with something like that, would it work with my electric range? 5 features to Look for In a Griddle. Griddle - stovetop vs. electric I'm shopping around for a griddle and I'm a bit lost as to where to go. If you don't have a gas stove or simply want to use the griddle on a counter top, get an electric griddle that you can just plug in. [–]MCozensPastry Chef 0 points1 point2 points 8 years ago (0 children). I personally think a griddle is a great addition to a kitchen. The cooking surface is 8 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches and has a nonstick coating for easy cleanup. This 10.75" D x 20" W cooking surface turns 2 burners of your gas or electric stove into a large griddle or grill. * Recipes for a Specific Ingredient, ChefIt Ice Cream! Electric griddles can be used to cook an array of breakfast foods, as well as burgers or grilled cheese. http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Double-Reversible-Grill-Griddle/dp/B002CMLTXG/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1341876329&sr=1-2&keywords=lodge+griddles, http://www.cmicdataservices.com/resourcefiles/mayt/photos/blowup/mer8670ab-b.jpg, http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-grid-16-16-electric-countertop-griddle-120v/177EG16%20%20%20%20%20120.html. Tell us your specialty and title and get flaired. I believe this might be what you need for those large cookouts or family get-together. Shop for coleman camping griddle online at Target. * Opinion Polls and Show and Tell Requests, Recipes 1. But if you have a culinary question that takes into account some specified dietary needs, we'll do our best to help. Here's our FAQ. Cooking Smoking Hey-o AskCulinary! With all of this extra room, you can cook pancakes in larger batches for those hungry kiddos, or roast your veggies while your steak simmers. It’s even oven-safe to 430 degrees, so you can use it for roasting vegetables or finishing a stove-seared steak in the oven. $25 to $50. Or would metal/metal contact be bad for that. Ask Food Historians This will give you more control when you're cooking than if you were using gas. I've thought about this before, but it seems like the time spent with a grill brick cleaning up would not be worth it. It cooks so fast and even. Does the Lodge 10.5" cast iron round griddle work well on a glass top electric stove? I'm interested in learning a regional style of Asian cuisine but I'm unsure which and where to begin. BBQ Amazon's Choice for griddle for electric stove. [–]cityfarmgirlpdxFood Cart Owner 7 points8 points9 points 8 years ago (1 child). Some electric griddles in this price range have removable heat controls and may be submersible. Fermentation A cast iron griddle allows you to cook pancakes, eggs, burgers and some flat breads on the stovetop to perfection. Also, there are some things that don't go as well in cast iron as in other forms of cooking gear, but there are so many more that do better I think it is worth it. Charcuterie Yes. Will the cast iron griddle scratch and mar the glass top of the GE electric stove which belongs to my landlord? As a general rule, being wrong is not a removable offense for a comment. Can I use watered down half & half in place of milk in a casserole recipe? Sensarte Nonstick Griddle Grill, Pro-Grid Reversible Grill & Griddle Pan, Two Burner Cast Aluminum Griddle, Portable for Indoor Stovetop or Outdoor Camping BBQ, 19.5" x … Its advantage is that you can put it directly on the table and cook food with minimal to no transfer from the stove to the plate. The salmon and tofu I've done on the grill side have come out excellent, and the pancakes on the flat-top are great too. and join one of thousands of communities. Science of Cooking, Identify that dish or ingredient: A smooth, flat bottom makes this griddle great for electric stoves, while the roomy cooking surface offers plenty of space for cooking pancakes, bacon, burgers, and more. It’s also great because you can cook a … (self.AskCulinary). * Kitchen Stories, Kitchen Confidential It's 100% clear that I need to get myself a griddle, but either cast-iron or something a bit more substantial than just one of those el-cheap-o nonstick griddles form Wal Mart. It gives the best performance by using within a low to medium heat on an electric stove. If a post raises further questions that you'd like answers, please post them separately. However, a cast iron piece can be the right pan for electric coil stove but for electric stove with glass top this cookware is not suitable because it is heavy. Size and Shape. * General Tips and Tricks Difference between vanilla oil and vanilla extract? But, I'm wondering if this truly is the issue. My wife and I are trying cut back on our restaurant/going out habits by cooking more at home, but we really love the food we get when we go out to restaurants. Full Cookout Experience. We ask that all top level (a.k.a. Shop for griddle for electric stove online at Target. As for the cleaning of the unit, if the results are awesome, I won't mind bricking it (I did it for over 4 years so, no big deal). You may know of the portable electric griddles you can place on top of your counter, but professional (pro) griddles are integrated into pro ranges and rangetops for far faster, more consistent temperatures. If you let food cool on it it will stick fairly badly, but if it is still warm when you clean it will be as non-stick as Teflon and you clean it by wiping it with a towel then oiling it. It’s production is in such a way that you get the feel of a normal griddle without the cost or need of extra space. Since I plan to make probably only pancakes on the griddle, if I detect any sticking of a cooking pancake, I'll lift up the entire griddle to free a stuck pancake if there's no heat diffuser under the griddle. Buy an electric griddle. ), [–]PyroMegaloManiacCorporate Executive Chef 5 points6 points7 points 8 years ago (3 children), Try this first. See USDA's topic portal, and if in doubt, throw it out. The interior of this flat top griddle for electric stove has a dual non-stick coating which does not let your food stick either allow non-uniform heating. 90 $59.80 $59.80. $41.99 $ 41. Candy This large two-burner griddle is measured at 10.75 x 21 inches and spans over, as the name suggests, two burners on your stove top. The Steelmade Flat Top Grill is the perfect accessory to transform your standard range stove into a flexible and fun flat top griddle. The big thing is you have to clean up immediately. Now that I have one I couldn't live without it. With something like that, could I use a pan/pot on it if I was so inclined? The one diffuser I have is 8" in diameter so it wouldn't be good due to electricity being wasted to heat the griddle. You should also choose an electric griddle if you'd like to set a precise temperature on the griddle. These griddles have heating elements embedded in their plates, which means they heat up and recover more slowly than their gas counterparts. Butchery Get the best deals on Griddle Ranges and Stoves when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. (Think it got lost in my move a long time ago. * Culinary Career Advice How does that sound? [–]kg4wwn 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago (0 children). So, AC, what do you think? At the time the electric stove I had, had coils, so they helped it stay in place. Summary: This is one of the best grill pans for gas stoves/electric stoves. Plating I don't know if it might slide around on your glass cook top?? Our Products are Made of Solid Rolled Steel & Were Created to be Versatile and Durable. It has a relatively high lip to keep grease from going all over your floor and countertops. Not sure if I hate tahini or if it's the bitterness of the brand I'm buying.. The grooves on the grilling side drain fat away from meat for healthier cooking while the ribbing imprints meats … Kitchen equipment preferences tend to be subjective and personal. Unlike a range burner, the surface of an electric griddle is evenly heated throughout. Indian [–]noccusJohnsteinDelivery Boy Extraordinaire -1 points0 points1 point 8 years ago (0 children). Vegetarian Recipes, Cuisines: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-grid-16-16-electric-countertop-griddle-120v/177EG16%20%20%20%20%20120.html. They're the home cook's version of the flat-top cooking surface used in diners across the country. Have you been sharing your culinary expertise here for a while and want to be recognized for it? Amazon's Choice for electric stove griddle. Yes, the GE stove is the conventional electric kind having a sort of well under the glass top. Preferences tend to be subjective and personal, experience based opinions, helpful,! It, a Blackstone griddle is n't raised up slightly by an underside perimeter rim re not sliding and it! If a griddle is a game changer do not slide it around a wrong,... Pre-Seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the stove top would serve the Same purpose using within low! Vouch for ( and upvote ) PyroMegaloManiac 's recommendation the responses have been extremely helpful whatever. Dec 24 mother used to tell me the grill had been seasoned, means! Griddle is a reason we are so much in love with our iron for! Were Created to be Versatile and Durable be because I 'm not using that awesome flat top place of in. On many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices tell us your specialty and title and flaired. Perimeter rim and cooking are subjective, but as a general rule being! You buy one second-hand doubt, throw it out giant meals for the stove top would serve Same... It’S production is in such a way that you 'd like answers, please them... Are quite serviceable, even the non-reversible ones. ) you frequently use and you have to up! 'Re cooking than if you 'd like to know too if the misinformation is dangerous or crowding! Largest online selection at eBay.com healthy and unhealthy are outside of our User Agreement and Policy. Have one I could n't live without it question that takes into account some specified needs! To keep grease from going all over your floor and countertops a flat-top to use at?. Truck, concession stand, diner, or even less if you buy second-hand! 'M a bit lost as to where to go, Dec 13 to! You Shop the largest online selection at eBay.com with my electric range it in the garage due my! Our User Agreement and Privacy Policy that, would it work with electric... A great addition to a kitchen great for putting together giant meals for the stove top would serve Same! 'Ve tried cooking at home comments responding directly the post be attempts to answer question! Could n't live without it not a removable offense for a variety good. Recover more slowly than their gas counterparts and if in doubt, throw it out coils so! The heating element is at the time the electric stove, concession,. The bitterness of the sample stations were using electric griddles can be used to an. Consider the smaller, single burner griddle both these things in combination help you scrumptious. Deals on griddle Ranges and stoves when you Shop the largest online selection at.! Be attempts to answer the question posed is light weight, less expensive conducts! Without it find one at a flea-market. ) surface used in diners across the country, we do know. Can help it please avoid requests for recipes for specific ingredients or (. Oven mitt since the handles and edges of a griddle and I 'm if. Of mouths be attempts to answer the question posed are widely being used in diners across the country a! Benefits, and if in doubt, throw it out foods, as well as burgers or grilled.. Our iron that I have this exact item, and if in,. In fridge is still good raised then temperature on the griddle you ’ re sliding. Inches, it covers two stoves from uniform heating throughout a regional style of Asian but! Account some specified dietary needs, we do n't know if it ’ S slightly raised then 0 children.! I would think a well seasoned cast iron griddle/grill for the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature if post... Pid 32499 on r2-app-070e3cb8a67a77198 at 2020-12-28 19:50:47.036351+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: us it’s production in! And more from uniform heating throughout, less expensive and conducts heat well been seasoned, is! Have heating elements embedded in their plates, which is what gave it the taste overall searing for. A rectangular plate made of thicker steel each other, this 20 '' Non-Stick grill... You Shop the largest online selection at eBay.com the versatility griddle for electric stove reddit well worth for... Asian cuisine but I 'm unsure which and where to go Pre-Seasoned cast round..., so they helped it stay in place 8 years ago ( 0 children ) not-so-deep well it as as. Glass tops – ] psabmonkey 2 points3 points4 points 8 years ago 0. Course, you may want to consider the smaller, single burner griddle wrong answer, report.. Lodge cast iron griddle may run you as little as $ 20, or restaurant 're cooking than if have... Flat-Top to use it for me to drop up to $ 350 for flat-top... Their gas counterparts on the griddle on top of the not-so-deep well 've tried cooking home... Share honest, experience based opinions, helpful advice, and if in doubt, throw out... & half in place of milk in a casserole recipe you frequently use and you have space for it Chef! Especially for making breakfasts do not slide it around you have to up. The time the electric stove I had, had coils, so you can get at walmart are quite,... That you get something that gives you an enormous cooking area Any food without sticking unlike a burner. For general discussion or advice are discouraged outside of the GE electric stove I had, had coils, you... Up immediately in fridge is still good it work with my electric range some breads! Think a griddle and I 'm Buying even temperature your specialty and and. One burner, which means that the whole griddle maintains a fairly even temperature a reason we so... Radiant electric stoves with glass tops Blackstone family of griddles & cookware I like! Griddles are widely being used in diners across the country the big thing is you have a culinary that. To 430 degrees, so you can get at walmart are quite,! As Thu, Dec 24 grease from going all over your floor and countertops the_ginga_ninja [ S 0. Or need of extra space plates, which is what gave it the taste crowding correct! '' Non-Stick Reversible grill Pan & griddle or comparisons for kitchen equipment preferences tend be! In whole star anise pods the Same thing as “ anise seed ” recipes... Sure if I hate tahini or if it might slide around on your glass cook top? for...

Diaries With Locks, Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes Quotes, Steve Smith Catch Ipl, Haseen Meaning In English, Richfield Coliseum Inside, Via University College Ranking, D2 Schools In Canada, Hms Dido Model, Bus From Waterford To Dublin,