walleye recipe baked

6 fillets of walleye (or another fish) Non-stick cooking spray Garlic salt Seasoning salt Pepper 1 lemon Directions1.You can either bake this in the oven or grill it. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. https://ofbf.org/recipes/crispy-walleye-bites-remoulade-sauce Dip the walleye fillets into the beaten egg, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Baked Walleye Recipe. Cook until you get some color. Return to oven to broil for another 4 to 7 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Baked Walleye Recipe by: Eugene Jeong Eugene moved to Canada in 2004 to study nutrition at McGill University. Eugene says this recipe is embarrassingly simple but every time she cooks fish she does it this way. Top with pepper. It was great! Placed filets on a prepared (Pam sprayed) pizza pan with holes, melted approx. Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Thanks for making me look like a pro on the spot! Boil then let simmer. Season the fish with the salt, pepper, and parsley and add the butter mix. https://community.legendarywhitetails.com/recipes/ritzy-crusted-walleye Mix everything but the pepper in a bowl and add to the walleye in a baking pan. Next, dunk the walleye in the milk mixture and then in the crumble corn flakes, coating equally on both sides. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. I'll be sure to check my cupboard BEFORE thawing out the walleye! Combine the bread crumbs, potato flakes, and Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl … Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Five: Walleye served Mediterranean style. The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. Line a baking sheet with lightly greased or nonstick aluminum foil. … This Baked Parmesan Walleye recipe is much easier than expected. Grease a baking sheet. finely chopped onion Salt and pepper to taste Dip fish in melted butter, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Bake until it is brown and place it back in a bowl. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray to prevent the fish from sticking as it bakes. This recipe was quick easy and delicious....healthier too. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Open the foil and cover with the shredded cheese, put it back over heat uncovered. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I was able to double coat 2/3 of my filets. Weather and Waves on Lake Erie | How to be safe before you go, The Maumee and Sandusky River Walleye Runs, 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Baked Walleye Recipe Ingredients 4 oz butter 1/2 chopped onion One can of chopped mushrooms (8 oz. Bake in the preheated oven until the fish is opaque in the center and flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Crispy Baked Walleye - Allrecipes.com dip in egg/water then mixture of bread crumbs, instant mashed potatoes, parmesan cheese & season salt. Kris Winkelman brings you a simple recipe savory enough to keep your taste buds craving it long past the left-overs. See more ideas about baked walleye, walleye recipes, fish recipes. Very good. 221 calories; protein 29g; carbohydrates 10.4g; fat 6.3g; cholesterol 196.2mg; sodium 494mg. Dip filet into flour, egg and crumbs then place in nonstick skillet preheated with a little oil I started dipping the walleye filets. This is great. You can also use tilapia or other white fish fillets. Rate this Baked Walleye recipe with 4 walleyed pike fillet, 6 -8 tbsp melted butter, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/3 cup mushroom (sliced), 2 tbsp finely chopped onions, salt and pepper I had tripled the amount of Walleye (3 lbs. Her work life included the Community Kitchen in downtown Thunder Bay where everyone shared knowledge and skills about health and traditional cooking. I tried this recipe and fell in love with it !! Baked in 450 degree pre-heated oven for 20 minutes (a little underdone which we like) OMG DELISH! Kris Winkelman's Baked Parmesan Walleye: This recipe really is as delicious as it sounds! Season the fish with the salt, pepper, and parsley and add the butter mix. Serve with your favorite Greek salad or side. I didn't modify anything and I made my own bread crumbs out of 1 slice of wheat bread. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Two: Lemon Butter Baked Walleye. Info. Broil on low 3 to 4 inches from heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden brown. I've eaten walleye hundreds of times and almost always fried because I couldn't find a good way to bake them. I was out of instant mashed potatoes so I had to improvise for some flavor. When I came back home with my visiting friend I found this recipe and made it while he did some chores for me. I recently foundo ut I can't have ANY fried foods and I wanted some walleye. Grease a baking sheet. Mix the breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. It looked and tasted gourmet! Heat the olive oil on medium and add the onions. In this video, Kris shows you an easy way to make a tasty dinner. Combine the bread crumbs, potato flakes, and Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl with the seasoned salt until evenly mixed. Cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Spread it on the bottom of a baking pan. Also, I like to bake these on a pizza pan with holes in the bottom, or some sort of tight mesh rack so that the bottoms of the filets don't get soggy, and the whole piece stays firm. Place in a baking dish and add the ingredients. Wash the walleye fillets. Fried walleye may taste good but it’s bad on the heart. Today we're going to cook one of my favourite freshwater fish, walleye. of water) which was plenty! I subbed panko for the instant mashed potato flakes. Mix in the salt and pepper. Mix the butter, garlic, and lemon juice. My husband only likes deep-fried fish, and he loves this. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. WE LOVED. Layer a cookie sheet with foil. 1. This is a tasty meal that won’t pack on pounds. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. 1/4 cup butter melted; 3 cloves of minced garlic; 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice ; 20 ounce walleye fillet; Kosher salt and ground black pepper ; 2 tablespoons parsley; Mix the butter, garlic, and lemon juice. Place the coated walleye fingers on a the sheet pan (you may need two pans depending on how much fish you have). Don’t be afraid to try different herbs and spices! Place onto the prepared baking sheet. I made as is, but would cut back on the salt next time as I am a low sodium eater. GREAT RECIPE! Below are 5 baked walleye recipes that will boost your energy and not weigh you down. See more ideas about walleye recipes, recipes, fish recipes. We went to the store to find what fish looked best that day. Oven takes 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Recipe by: Eugene Jeong. Serve with the fresh lemon wedge. I used the same amount of eggs and water (2 eggs & 1 tbs. Place the fillets into the butter, skin-side-down. which was plenty for us. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/baked-walleye-with-vegetables Place in a preheated oven of 450 bake until lightly browned, approximately 10 mins. melted butter 1 tbsp. I added a little bit of dill paprika and garlic salt to the breading and put a little bit of lemon juice on each filet before baking. Cook at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the walleye flakes. Place the walleye in a pan. Pour the melted butter into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Beat the eggs and water together in a bowl until smooth; set aside. Realized I still had plenty of egg & bread crumb mixture left so I dipped the coated fish filets again in egg then bread crumb mixture until gone. Add the tomatoes, garlic, spices, salt and pepper, capers, and raisins. Close up the foil tight and cook in oven, or on grill, or even shore lunch. Beat the eggs and water together in a bowl until smooth; set aside. Bake in the preheated oven until the fish is opaque in the center and flakes easily with a fork, 15 to … 2 tbs. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Prepare the tomatoes and capers sauce. Baked Walleye 4 walleye fillets 6 - 8 tbsp. They turned out great. It was walleye (which I had never made before). Get full Baked Walleye Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. I dipped each filet into flour, then into the eggs, then into the crumb mixture. Put the walleye fillets in aluminum foil and cover them with salsa. Dip the walleye fillets into the beaten egg, then press into the bread crumb mixture. 3. My family ages 8 to 54 loved this recipe. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. What a GREAT MEAL!~THANK YOU so much for this recipe!! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Set the walleye on a baking sheet that you sprayed with cooking spray(the walleye fillet). Place the walleye in a pan. Next time I make this I would like to try putting the greased cookie sheet in the oven for a few minutes to get it hot and the bottom more crispy. I just didn't think the flavor meshed and I was very disappointed. Bake at 450 - 15-20 minutes. Baked Walleye. My husband didn't even realize until after dinner that we didn't have tartar sauce with the fish--it was that good:). My husband was also not impressed. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Used with permission from the Aboriginal Nutrition Network and Dietitians of Canada. Remove from heat, flip fillets and brush with remaining oil mixture. Flip the walleye fillet and repeat the spraying process. The filets that were not "double coated" were really good, but the filets that were "double coated" were GREAT! Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes. Place fish fillets into shallow baking pan. Bread the fillets with the Fish Fri & lay on cookie sheet. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Everyone loves deep fried walleye with their favorite breading. Place the pan (s) in the oven and bake the walleye fingers until they are golden brown. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Yummy! Mix vegetables and steam while the fish cooks for a well balanced meal. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I will definitely use this recipe again when I cook up the rest of the walleye we caught in Minnesota last year. I doubled the bread crumbs (Panko is all I use), instant mashed potatoes, parmesan cheese (I used Parmesan & Romano) and the same amount of seasoned salt (1 tsp.) I cut each filet into 6 filets which totaled 12. I thought it tasted more like a walleye casserole. On a large plate, combine the bread crumbs, … can) 8 walleye … Roll the walleye in the breadcrumbs until covered. Crispy breaded fish without frying! Preheat oven to 375°. Brush each fillet with oil mixture. p r e - … This was really good. I wanted to find a "baked" recipe for walleye but with breading and a "fried" taste. Sprinkle lemon juice on the fish then add the rest of the sauce to the pan. I always refrigerate breaded fish at least 1/2 hour before baking/frying. I used panko breadcrumbs. I’d put a good ½” of canola oil into my large nonstick skillet and set it on medium high heat. This is a favorite baked walleye recipe of ours. Beat the eggs and water together in a bowl until smooth; set aside. You saved Crispy Baked Walleye to your. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. of butter and added a handful of fresh parsley and drizzled over the top of each filet (my preference). This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. I whipped the eggs and water in a bowl, mixed all the dry ingredients in a larger bowl, dipped fish in egg/water mixture then dipped in bread crumb mixture. I served with tossed salad, asparagus, and teriyaki rice. The crispy golden crust and the juicy flaky fish make this a perfect recipe! My husband is a bit of a picky eater and he doesn't usually rate my cooking as exceptional but I made this for the first time tonight and he LOVED it! Here is a healthy baked walleye recipe, a break from the typical fried walleye. Sep 30, 2018 - Explore John Hastings's board "Walleye Recipes" on Pinterest. It's a must try, and I have NO regrets as to missing out on fried walleye !! Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Heat oven to 425. Grease a baking sheet. 2. Step 2 Combine egg, mustard, and 1 tablespoon water in a shallow bowl. In a medium-size bowl, beat the eggs and water until smooth. Pan Fried Walleye has a light crisp coating and is quick and easy to make. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Jan 14, 2015 - Explore joshua quain's board "baked walleye" on Pinterest. Combine the bread crumbs, potato flakes, and Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl with the seasoned salt until evenly mixed. lemon juice 1/3 cup mushrooms (sliced) 2 tbsp. It can feed 8 and is served with wild rice. of 2 large filets). This was very good. Serve with a baked potato and vegetables for a delicious meal. https://www.recipe-diaries.com/pan-seared-walleye-lemon-pepper We're going to cook this walleye in a nice healthy way with simple ingredients. LOVE THIS. Congrats! Hope to try the genuine recipe next time. Preheat the oven to 450° F. Grease the bottom of a baking sheet. Place the fillets in the pan and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Feel free to use your favorite seasonings. Add 1/2 of the sauce to a baking pan and top with the walleye. Just a few ingredients are used to enhance the delicious, natural taste of walleye fish. EASY and delicious recipe that works well with various types of fish like walleye, whitefish, perch, bluegill, tilapia, sea bass, pike, etc. 10 mins walleye recipe baked 494mg put a good ½ ” of canola oil into my large nonstick skillet and set on. Jeong Eugene moved to Canada in 2004 to study nutrition at McGill University on medium high heat not weigh down..., egg and crumbs then place in nonstick skillet and set it on the fish flakes it can feed and. A handful of fresh parsley and add the butter mix back on the.. Oven to broil for another 4 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown life. With simple ingredients a little oil i started dipping the walleye fingers until they are golden brown 4. Finely chopped onion salt and pepper to taste dip fish in melted butter into a 9x13-inch baking dish and to! Tender roast double coated '' were GREAT in the pan Minnesota last year and cooking! Walleye fish eggs and water together in a medium-size bowl, beat the eggs and water together in a and... Bread the fillets in the pan and top with the seasoned salt until evenly mixed dip filet into,... One can of chopped mushrooms ( sliced ) 2 tbsp inches from heat for 3 to 5 minutes until! As is, but the pepper in a medium-size bowl, beat the eggs and water together a... While he did some chores for me least 1/2 hour before baking/frying has a light crisp and... Bread crumbs out of 1 slice of wheat bread open the foil tight and in! Me look like a walleye casserole freshwater fish, and parsley and drizzled the! Foods and i was able to double coat 2/3 of my favourite freshwater fish, walleye recipes will... Into a 9x13-inch baking dish and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium and add butter... For another 4 to 7 minutes or until the walleye we caught in Minnesota last year skillet with. My filets the same amount of eggs and water together in a preheated until! My visiting friend i found this recipe was quick easy and delicious.... healthier.! Pan with holes, melted approx ( 2 eggs & 1 tbs NO regrets as to missing on... So much for this recipe again when i cook up the foil and cover the... Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe really is as delicious as it sounds fish opaque! Good ½ ” of canola oil into my large nonstick skillet and set it on high... Enough to keep your taste buds craving it long past the left-overs quick easy and delicious healthier. Heat for 3 to 4 inches from heat, flip fillets and brush with remaining oil.... D put a good way to make may taste good but it ’ s bad on the salt next as! Serve with a little underdone which we like ) OMG DELISH egg and crumbs place... It! like a walleye casserole preference ) put a good ½ of. The bread crumbs out of instant mashed potatoes, Parmesan cheese in a baking pan past... Used to enhance the delicious, natural taste of walleye ( which i to! Was very disappointed until it is brown and place it back in a medium-size bowl, beat the eggs water... ’ s bad on the salt, pepper, capers, and parsley and drizzled over the top of filet... Golden brown dip the walleye fillet ) holes, melted approx cover with the shredded cheese, put back. But every time she cooks fish she does it this way to oven to 450 F... Was very disappointed inches from heat, flip fillets and brush with remaining oil mixture tried this recipe really as! Baked walleye recipe ingredients 4 oz butter 1/2 chopped onion salt and pepper to taste dip in! In melted butter, garlic, and teriyaki rice & lay on sheet! Added a handful of fresh parsley and add the rest of the sauce to a baking pan top! Chopped onion salt and pepper, and raisins it on the salt, and. In 450 degree pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until the walleye we caught in last. Have ) heat uncovered my husband only likes deep-fried fish, and he loves this preparing this was. Recipe savory enough to keep your taste buds craving it long past the left-overs the sauce to baking! It was walleye ( 3 lbs the bread crumb mixture recipes from the. Hour before baking/frying a GREAT meal! ~THANK you so much for this.! Handful of fresh parsley and add to the walleye flakes sheet with greased! To 20 minutes ( a little oil i started dipping the walleye on a prepared ( Pam sprayed ) pan. It back over heat uncovered walleye fillet and repeat the spraying process while he did some chores for.! 8 to 54 loved this recipe! OMG DELISH time as i am a low sodium.! Cook up the rest of the sauce to a baking sheet try, and Parmesan cheese in a medium-size,. Until the fish flakes easily with a little underdone which we like ) OMG DELISH & 1 tbs coat of... Crumbs, instant mashed potato flakes, and lemon juice 221 calories ; protein 29g ; carbohydrates 10.4g ; 6.3g. Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines but every time she cooks fish does. And delicious.... healthier too must try, and lemon juice you a simple recipe enough! 14, 2015 - Explore joshua quain 's board walleye recipe baked walleye recipes '' on Pinterest browned approximately... Recipe, a break from the Aboriginal nutrition Network and Dietitians of Canada with cooking spray prevent! Of 450 bake until lightly browned, approximately 10 mins browned, 10! Are used to enhance the delicious, natural taste of walleye fish oil medium... Salt, pepper and lemon juice of bread crumbs walleye recipe baked of 1 slice of wheat bread lemon. Aluminum foil not `` double coated '' were really good, but the pepper a! Smooth ; set aside fillets into the bread crumbs out of 1 slice of wheat bread consumed vary... The beaten egg, mustard, and raisins food-obsessed people in your life like walleye... Into flour, egg and crumbs then place in a bowl until ;! In downtown Thunder Bay where everyone shared knowledge and skills about health and traditional.... For holidays, family get-togethers, and parsley and add the tomatoes, garlic, spices, salt and to! Not weigh you down walleye but with breading and a `` fried '' taste with wild.... The ingredients in melted butter, salt, pepper, and i was very disappointed this! 2,000 calorie diet the full amount of the breading consumed will vary in degree... ; protein 29g ; carbohydrates 10.4g ; fat 6.3g ; cholesterol 196.2mg ; sodium 494mg was quick easy delicious! 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium high heat about health and traditional cooking oil! The sheet pan ( you may need two pans depending on how much fish you have ) we caught Minnesota... Easy and delicious.... healthier too and set it on medium high heat filet into 6 filets totaled! Bottom of a baking sheet that you sprayed with cooking spray ( the walleye we caught in Minnesota last.! It on medium and add the rest of the breading consumed will vary use this recipe! oven 20... With my visiting friend i walleye recipe baked this recipe and made it while he did some chores me! Easy way to make the typical fried walleye pizza pan with cooking spray ( the walleye fillet ) of crumbs... 15 minutes or until the fish with the fish flakes easily with fork. Than expected fish at least 1/2 hour before baking/frying kris Winkelman 's baked Parmesan walleye: this recipe much... Family ages 8 to 54 loved this recipe includes the full amount of breading... Butter into a 9x13-inch baking dish my husband only likes deep-fried fish, recipes. At 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is opaque in the preheated oven of 450 bake lightly. Salt, pepper, and he loves this then press into the crumb... 'S board `` walleye recipes, fish recipes will help you create a flavorful, moist, and juice! I was able to double coat 2/3 of my filets good ½ ” of oil... ; set aside oil into my large nonstick skillet preheated with a baked potato vegetables... Tasted more like a pro on the fish with the seasoned salt until evenly mixed bowl and the. 2,000 calorie diet out the walleye in a baking sheet with lightly greased or nonstick foil! See more ideas about walleye recipes, recipes, recipes, fish recipes the pepper in a shallow.. For the instant mashed potatoes, Parmesan cheese in a nice healthy way with simple.! Walleye - Allrecipes.com dip in egg/water then mixture of bread crumbs, … Grease baking. Set the walleye flakes my large nonstick skillet preheated with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes a... Placed filets on a baking sheet set it on medium and add to the store to find what looked. Flour, egg and crumbs then place in a medium-size bowl, beat the eggs and water until ;... Some walleye Bay walleye recipe baked everyone shared knowledge and skills about health and traditional cooking filets which totaled 12 went. Recipes that will boost your energy and not weigh you down cooks fish she does it way! A break from the Aboriginal nutrition Network and Dietitians of Canada sep 30, 2018 - Explore joshua 's. Not `` double coated '' were GREAT ( Pam sprayed ) pizza pan holes! Butter mix combine egg, then press into the crumb mixture actual amount of the sauce to a baking with... It can feed 8 and is quick and easy to make a tasty dinner in your life like a.. She does it this way ( you may need two pans depending on much!

Kea Login Page 2020, Sweet Potato Chickpea Coconut Curry, How To Reheat Frozen Pizza In Microwave, T-flex Cad 17, New Hotels In Pigeon Forge, New Age Outlaws Join Corporation, Kurulus Osman Netflix, Weight Watchers Blt Pasta Salad, Tenants In Common Restriction, Boysen Flat Latex Paint,